Urgent Prayers~~~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2002
      Hi All~ Prayers are needed badly so please take my hand in the circle
      and let the smoke and prayers rise to stop the fires and the suffering
      of these people ~Thank you~~~~~~~~~>Jeanne aka Butterfly Dancer

      From: Joan
      Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 17:23:04 -0500 (CDT)    From:
      mmaddog2@...
      Subject: URGENT PRAYER REQUEST
      Thank you Pappy84 for sending this out!! You may have heard about the
      fires burning in our state, there are two, both human caused. They were
      about 8 miles apart but now have merged. This has already burned three
      small towns in North Eastern Arizona.. This area is primarily made up of
      retirement folks with a mix of people who have summer homes there...and
      then families who have lived there all of their lives.
      Tonight...they had to evacuate the entire town of Showlow...this amounts
      to 30,000 people who had to leave their homes...not knowing when they
      will be allowed to return...or if they will have anything to return to.
      Yesterday, one of the Chiefs from the Navajo Reservation made an
      announcement that their people will begin to do their rain dances around
      the clock....as this is about the only thing that will save that part of
      our state. At the present time, 160,000 acres have burned. If you
      wouldn't mind, do you think you could send a letter out to those people
      that you know who would please pray with us about this fire? Prayer and
      a miracle is what we need now.
      Also, we aren't just talking about people who are in that area....but
      animals...hundreds of horses and farm animals as well as the people who
      had their house pets.
      The big race track down here in Phoenix sent horse trailers up to try
      and rescue some of the horses...and will house them at the track FREE
      all summer long...
      The Humane Society has already run out of space for the cats and
      dogs..now people here in Phx. are taking them into their own homes. The
      patients from the hospitals and nursing homes had to be transfered to
      Phoenix...it must be very frightening for those folks. It is totally
      impossible to get into the town of Showlow as all the roads leading into
      and out of are closed... I sat here tonight thinking about the magnitude
      of what is happening and we are only talking about a town of 30,000 just
      think how it would have been if the town had been a larger one. I think
      about ALL the businesses that had to just close and lock up....and then
      leave town...
      PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS AND PASS ON TO FRIENDS AND PRAYER GROUPS IF
      YOU GET A CHANCE
      THANK YOU