Daily Meditation~~~~~

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2002
      Permission graciously given by Joyce Sequichie Hifler.
      to the internet:  http://www.hifler.com
      David Hunt, the webmaster of Joyce Hifler's web page - who also helped
      in the effort to get permission for these messages - wants to tell the
      readers of this list:
      "Thank you for all your letters of gratitude about the columns! There
      have been too many to thank personally, so let me do it like this: THANK
      I also send my thanks to all of you who took the time to write and
      express your thoughts of gratitude for their help!
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Why is it that we require so much scientific proof for the most ordinary
      things these days, when the very fact that we lie down and close our
      eyes at night is the highest proof that God's world is in order. Though
      perhaps our personal world may not know such sequence. There comes a
      time when our human limitations insist that we lay down our questions
      and accept by faith the only way to survive ourselves.
      There are those who say they must have tangible evidence that the world
      and all its wonders be displayed before their eyes to see in wisdom the
      way things really are. And yet who said the human eyes could see or ears
      could hear more than one tiny bit of the wonder. Who could be so blod as
      to believe their senses were strong enough to know, except through
      Who could see with the visible eye the hand that changes the seasons, or
      hear Job's stars that sang together at dawn. Who set the day at rest and
      brings the morning in all its newness.
      Only so far....then explanations know no more....and though we try to
      disbelieve when all goes wrong, there comes a time when we want no more
      explanation than that God's world is in order - and we cannot change it.
      Surely if someone took our hand and asked us to walk along the world and
      view the wonders so magnificently displayed....If by some miracle we
      could see the vastness of it all at once, and still bear up under the
      beauty of it.....
      If we can see the rolling rise and fall of the land - the purple, pink,
      and golden hues of shadows hung along the mountain sides....If our ears
      could hear the music of the rippling streams, the rushing waters, the
      graceful falls.
      If by some mere chance we could sense the ebb and flow, the push and
      relaxing of the tides, the rise and set of the sun, the glittering stars
      and soft-faced moon that ignores the fact that other worlds encircle
      And as the seasons sprinkle rain and flowers, goldenleaves and
      snowfall....On this continous circle.....always new.....always
      If we can see all this, how then, can we doubt that the earth that God
      created and saw as good is good. This is our land, and only our own
      forgetfulness of its source can make it different.
      June 6 - Daily Feast
      Too little is being done because so many are looking for recognition and
      avoiding involvement where no one sees and applauds. Right this minute
      someone has a great need and hasno idea how to get it met. Someone feels
      alone and without a person to tell them they can make it. A child needs
      reassurance and love and protection from real and imagined enemies.
      Reach past personal woes and see these people and these situations and
      help - even without glory. The good of it will come back. It always
      ~ The evil spirit said, "I want half the people of the earth." The Great
      Spirit said, "No, I cannot give you any; I love them all too much."
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler