Daily Meditation~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 92 , Jun 2 8:17 AM
      THINK on THESE THINGS
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      It is said that pearls worn by a happy person have a warm and more
      lustrous glow.
      Pearls are like the gentle moments strung together for the happy person
      - they cannot help but glow.
      Gentle moments, like pearls, seem to be so few. Yet, how rich and warm
      and beautiful they make our lives.
      It takes only a few moments to enjoy a talk with someone about good
      things instead of the bad; it takes only a few moments to drop a line to
      a shut-in when attention means so much. It takes only a few moments to
      see a sunset, or read a Scripture, or listen to a child talk.
      It takes only a few moments to open the door to happiness. And if
      happiness seems only a few moments long, so will trouble if we open the
      door and let it out instead of harboring it.
      Life is made up of a few moments all strung togther like pearls. Each
      moment is a pearl, and it is up to us to pick the ones with the highest
      luster. If we do not have time to do great things, take a few gentle
      moments and do small things in a great way.
      June 2 - Daily Feast
      We can change things around us in a number of ways, but it is change in
      ourselves that makes the biggest difference. To control the door to our
      minds and decide clearly and precisely what we let in and what can be
      put out is the beginning. When we are tired of the same dumb mistakes,
      the same worn ideas, the need for change but nothing is done to start
      it, then the time has come to see if we really have a goal at all. The
      biggest obstacle is thinking we have gone too far to change. Clearly it
      is an idea that should be put outside the mind and the door firmly
      closed.
      ~ The path to glory is rough....may the Great Spirit shed light on
      yours. ~
      BLACK HAWK, 1833
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - June 2
      "The Natural Law is the final and absolute authority governing E Te No
      Ha, the earth we call our Mother."
      --Traditional Circle of Elders
      There is no power greater than the Natural Laws. These powers were set
      up by the Great Spirit in such a way that the human being has no access
      to it, except by obeying. If we choose not to follow the Natural Laws,
      our live will be filled with confusion, tension, anxiety and stress. If
      we poison the Earth, we poison ourselves. If we poison the Water of the
      Earth, we poison ourselves. As we do to the Earth, we do to ourselves
      and our children, even the children unborn. May we think about this
      today and ask ourselves, "Are we holding and acting toward the Mother
      Earth in a good way?"
      Great Spirit,
      teach me the
      Natural Laws
      that govern
      the Earth.
      ----------------------->
      Message 92 of 92 , Jul 3, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Thu, Jul 3, 2003, 1:22am To:
        [openfires] July 3 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        openfires@yahoogroups.com
        In the frantic search for something that has meaning to life, we have a
        tendency to do a thing simply because everyone else is doing it. It
        becomes a "thing," a fad that must be done to keep on the inside circle.
        There's little originality, little thought, but a lot of following along
        in beaten paths.
        It is a mistaken idea to believe that all I see with my eyes and the
        limits of my thinking are the limits of the world. There is a tremendous
        interesting world out there never before investigated, and I am an
        individual like no one else.
        It is quite marvelous to break through the shell of the middling and to
        discover the ability to see and feel, and to hear more keenly. Suddenly,
        I can feel more kindly, not because of who I am on this earth, but
        because I'm a child of God.
        I can see more color, more light, more vision because I'm not being
        shown, I'm discovering. My world is no longer based on passing fancies,
        but on lasting built slowly within me, with love.
        We are always rich when we have courage. It is not the circumstance in
        which we find ourselves but how we handle it that makes the difference.
        If nothing ever challenged us we might not know our strength - we might
        never feel the power to overcome something that gives us courage to
        tackle another o ta li, mountain. Giving up does not come on us
        suddenly, but we cultivate it on a daily basis. Everything, success or
        failure - or even mediocrity - settles on us as we get ready for it.
        When we think and talk failure, it happens. When we think we can do
        something, we can do it. It takes as much effort to lose as it does to
        win - sometimes more. But to think courage, to think strength, is the
        breath of life.
        ~ Why don't you talk and go straight and all will be well? ~
        BLACK KETTLE
        "When you are in the woods, you cannot ever be lost. You are surrounded
        by friends and surrounded by God."
        --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
        Every plant, every animal, every insect, every bird, every tree is made
        up of God. God is life and everything is alive. When you are hunting,
        remember all nature is your friend. All nature has purpose. All nature
        participates in the life cycle. Nature communicates; Nature talks;
        Nature listens; Nature forgives; Nature respects; Nature loves. Nature
        lives in harmony. Nature follows the law. Nature is kind. Nature is
        balance. The woods are alive and beautiful. She is our friend.
        Great Spirit,
        let me honor
        and respect
        the forest