Daily Meditation~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 92 , May 17 10:08 AM
      THINK on THESE THINGS
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Do you want to know the truth about worry? It hits everyone. It is not
      an ailment just for weaklings or cowards. Worry is the cat you throw out
      only to have it back in before you can close the door.
      Worry has another side. It proves we care very much, and that we
      appreciate our God-given strength, for if we can turn it to faith, then
      faith can be just as strong. And to overcome worry, or to at least
      control it, there must be faith.
      Faith, and the knowledge that if you could be in all the places,
      watching closely all the things about which you are concerned, you
      couldn't do a tenth as much good as one simple prayer.
      We are taught, "Be not anxious," "Fear not," and "Be not afraid," and
      too quickly we become anxious, fearful, and very frightened. But even
      then we have only to put worry to flight by remembering those quieting
      words that are so absolutely true, "Be still and know that I am God."
      Recently we had a summer storm. It was rumbling and heavy with darkness.
      The lightning flashed across the sky, and trees bent back and forth in
      the uncertain currents. When the first huge drops of rain spattered
      across the walks and lawns, our thoughts turned to the safety of anyone
      or anything that might be caught out in the wind and rain.
      We've been through many summer storms. Some of them left permanent marks
      upon our memories. The threatening, the darkness, the pressure of the
      atmosphere are not so different from the emotional storms of the human
      life. We see lives under pressure bend to and fro in the uncertainty of
      life. We know concern for the safety of those who experience emotional
      storms. Then we know the only answer is in God's hands. There is no
      other way.
      The good earth rights itself quickly after a storm. Nature comes forth
      more richly for having gone through the storm, and the scars are lost in
      new growth. And blessed are we when we lift ourselves up to a new,
      deeper radiance and peace.
      May 17 - Daily Feast
      Morning peeks over the horizon with fresh breath and rosy cheeks. She
      sparkles with dew and turns the trees into halos of green that tint the
      air. Her eyes are blue and she turns them on earth with tender care. Her
      good humor reveals that it is the month of flowers - the planting month.
      Speak to morning with gratitude.Though she comes daily, she stays only a
      few hours and then she changes clothes and moves across to the time of
      long shadows. Show reverence to the One who gave her to us, this time of
      day that gives us such vigor and such vision of how we can make her day.
      ~ So may our hearts and the hearts of the white men go out together to
      Thee and be made good and right. ~
      BLACKFOOT - CROW CHIEF, 1850
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - May 17
      "If the Great Spirit wanted men to stay in one place He would make the
      world stand still; but He made it to always change..."
      --Chief Flying Hawk, OGLALA SIOUX
      The Elders tell us change occurs in two directions. They say, "That
      which is built is constantly being destroyed; that which is loose is
      being used to build the New." In other words, change is constantly going
      on. Many times we hear people say, "I hate change." Does it make sense
      that the Great Spirit would design people to hate it? The Great Spirit
      designed people with change abilities such as visioning, imagery and
      imagination. Maybe we need to learn to use these tools and then we'll
      look forward to change.
      Great Spirit,
      today, let me
      see the harmony
      of Yours,
      truly changing
      world.
      ------------------------>
      Message 92 of 92 , Jul 3, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Thu, Jul 3, 2003, 1:22am To:
        [openfires] July 3 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        openfires@yahoogroups.com
        In the frantic search for something that has meaning to life, we have a
        tendency to do a thing simply because everyone else is doing it. It
        becomes a "thing," a fad that must be done to keep on the inside circle.
        There's little originality, little thought, but a lot of following along
        in beaten paths.
        It is a mistaken idea to believe that all I see with my eyes and the
        limits of my thinking are the limits of the world. There is a tremendous
        interesting world out there never before investigated, and I am an
        individual like no one else.
        It is quite marvelous to break through the shell of the middling and to
        discover the ability to see and feel, and to hear more keenly. Suddenly,
        I can feel more kindly, not because of who I am on this earth, but
        because I'm a child of God.
        I can see more color, more light, more vision because I'm not being
        shown, I'm discovering. My world is no longer based on passing fancies,
        but on lasting built slowly within me, with love.
        We are always rich when we have courage. It is not the circumstance in
        which we find ourselves but how we handle it that makes the difference.
        If nothing ever challenged us we might not know our strength - we might
        never feel the power to overcome something that gives us courage to
        tackle another o ta li, mountain. Giving up does not come on us
        suddenly, but we cultivate it on a daily basis. Everything, success or
        failure - or even mediocrity - settles on us as we get ready for it.
        When we think and talk failure, it happens. When we think we can do
        something, we can do it. It takes as much effort to lose as it does to
        win - sometimes more. But to think courage, to think strength, is the
        breath of life.
        ~ Why don't you talk and go straight and all will be well? ~
        BLACK KETTLE
        "When you are in the woods, you cannot ever be lost. You are surrounded
        by friends and surrounded by God."
        --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
        Every plant, every animal, every insect, every bird, every tree is made
        up of God. God is life and everything is alive. When you are hunting,
        remember all nature is your friend. All nature has purpose. All nature
        participates in the life cycle. Nature communicates; Nature talks;
        Nature listens; Nature forgives; Nature respects; Nature loves. Nature
        lives in harmony. Nature follows the law. Nature is kind. Nature is
        balance. The woods are alive and beautiful. She is our friend.
        Great Spirit,
        let me honor
        and respect
        the forest