Daily Meditaion~~>

    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2002
      THINK on THESE THINGS
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Everyone is a collector of something. And everyone's collection looks
      peculiar to someone else. And yet, who knows why an item may have a
      certain appeal to one particular person. The shape, the color, the whole
      idea may have a hidden background, but it is most definitely there!
      It may be old books, or magazines. Perhaps it is pill bottles, fishing
      hooks, or something "I may need someday when...." Who knows the reason
      old calendars continue to hang, and scraps of this and that may someday
      be just what I need.
      But more dear than any of these are the happy thoughts we collect to use
      along the way. We can use them to cheer someone, to pass along a word of
      courage, a simple prayer, a smile. And when someone has time to share
      with us an experience that we may profit by the pain the felt - yes,
      life's fabric, woven by someone's cares and offered to us in the hopes
      that it will help.
      Whatever it is that we collect, we must never forget the dearest
      collections are the kindnesses, the thoughtful acts, the smiling faces
      that can be ours by giving the same.
      What could be so priceless as true friendship? Friends for which time
      and space do not exist! It is written, "What a great blessing is a
      friend with breast so trusty that thou mayest safely bury all they
      secrets in it, whose conscience thou mayest fear less than thy own; who
      can relieve thy cares by his conversation, thy doubts by his counsels,
      thy sadness by his good humor, and whose very looks give thee comfort."
      All of us have had many friends, but the special ones remain forever in
      our memories. The dearest are those who believe in us and are willing to
      trust us with their friendship.
      We cannot force friendship. It is something mutually felt, mutually
      understood, and silently accepted. It is our opportunity to demonstrate
      our very best selves - to ask no questions and to pass no criticisms.
      "Before us is a future all unknown, a path untrod;     Before us a
      friend well loved and known -
                          That friend
      is God."
      May 9 - Daily Feast
      Daydreaming is the part of childhood we should never let go. Children
      have great dreams, and the strange part of it is they often turn out to
      be blueprints for the future. The imaginary playmates spur them to be
      more creative and to have more potential. There is no reason we can't
      reactivate some of our dreams. Something about growing up tells us those
      dreams were not practical. Maybe they are now. What is to keep us from
      going back to that happy dream? If we say we cannot, we are being far
      too sophisticated.
      ~ Great Spirit.....made the world to change.....so birds and animals can
      move and always have green grass and ripe berries. ~
      CHIEF FLYING HAWK - SIOUX
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - May 9
      "Without a sacred center, no one knows right from wrong."
      ---- Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
      In the center of the circle is where the powers reside. These powers are
      called love, principle, justice, spirtual knowledge, life, forgiveness
      and truth. All these powers reside in the very center of the human
      being. We access these powers by being still, quieting the mind. If we
      get confused, emotionally upset, feel resentment, anger, or fear, the
      best thing we can do is pray to the Great Spirit and ask Him to remove
      the anger and resentment. By asking Him to remove these obstacles, we
      are automatically positioned in the sacred center. Only in this way do
      we know right from wrong.
      Great Spirit,
      allow me this
      day to live in