Daily Meditation~~~~.

    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2002
      THINK on THESE THINGS
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      There is much to be said of small things. Even in this age of emphasis
      on bigness we must realize that bigness is only a mass of small things.
      An idea is a small thing. With it we can change our world. We can take a
      tiny seen and give it careful attention and reap a hundred fold. We can
      take a little idea and give it our attention and build it into a
      fortune.
      A smile is a small thing. Smile once at someone in passing and three
      will return the smile. Smiling is so contagious that it moves from
      person to person until a hundred smiling faces are the result of one.
      A thought is a small thing. One thought inspires another and another
      until a mental image is formed. From that mental image blueprints are
      drawn. And from those blueprints worlds are built.
      Hope is a small thing. One tiny glimmer of hope can lift us out of the
      deepest pit of darkness. One whisper of encouragement will help us to
      know that as long as there's hope there is an excellent chance.
      A wish is a small thing. Like a prayer, it climbs the steps to an idea
      that makes a smile and gives us hope to make our wishes come true. For
      in small things are all great things formed, in little beginnings the
      possibilities of great events.
      May 5 - Daily Feast
      Many weary and travel-worn Cherokees on the Trail of Tears ended their
      journey at a place called Blue Springs. Their first glimpse of these
      gushing springs must have made them question what could color the water
      the same hue as the blue bird. So much of nature startles us with its
      unusual works. Boulders and bluffs and gigantic trees were a part of the
      Cherokee's past - but blue water the color of a bird? It may have been a
      natural phenomenon but to them it was a sign that the worst of the
      journey had ended. When something tells us to rest now, and to be at
      peace, it always remains a symbol, a promise that from now on things
      will improve.
      ~ When I make peace, it is a long and lasting one - there is no end to
      it. ~
      SANTANT
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - May 5
      "There are many things to be shared with the four colors of man in our
      common destiny as one family upon our Mother the Earth."
      ---- Traditional Circle of Elders, NORTHERN CHEYENNE
      The Elders tell us the time will come when the four colors of Man will
      unite into one family. According to prophecies, we were told this would
      happen when the Sun was blocked in the Seventh Moon. There was an
      eclipse of the Sun in July, 1991. We are now in a new Springtime called
      the Coming Together Time. Each of the four colors of man has knowledge
      that the other colors need to heal their families. Let us all be willing
      to sit in a circle and respect our differences.
      Creator, let me
      be willing to
      have an open
      mind.
      ----------------------->
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 27, 2003
        Autumn, described by John Keats as the season of mists and mellow
        fruitfulness, is the most restful of all seasons. We are sensitive to a
        change of seasons. And at this particular time we stop to consider what
        our harvest is, and then the age-old promise to ourselves that next year
        will be better, and more productive.
        But now the peace and serenity of the season is upon us, and the Artist
        has painted for our eyes to see the most beautiful of all seasons - the
        autumn.
        Scattered frost has touched everything just enough to give a mottled
        pattern of brown and green. Early morning mists, blue and gray, hang low
        in the hills; brilliant red sumac and maples gold and burgundy stand out
        like jewels among the yellow elms.
        There is a whole new world for those who wish to open their spiritual
        eyes. We need to insist that worries take the back seat while we sniff
        the sweet scent of wood smoke, and see the lavender-pink sunsets and
        autumn haze that settles like soft, blue fingers through the valleys.
        This is a picture for the soul by the Master Artist.
        February 27 - Daily Feast
        It is important to have a vision that is not clouded with fear," said a
        Cherokee leader. "As children we were able to see beyond the impossible
        by enjoying a vision of how we wanted things to be. It required
        unlimited joy, and life responded freely - until we grew up enough that
        everything had to be real." Sometimes the vision is truer than that
        which comes from it. A pattern to make anything can be accurate, and if
        followed perfectly, can produce the perfect model of it. But bringing
        something forth is the problem. We have to have a steady hand and a mind
        that is willing to follow precisely. Few things are spelled out for us.
        We learn to focus on what we need, but there is still another step:
        Focus on fulfillment. See it completed. This is usually left out as we
        adopt a wait-and-see attitude, and this step is far too important to
        ignore.
        ~ Have a vision not clouded by fear. ~
        THE CHEROKEE
        Elder's Meditation of the Day - February 27
        "The Old Ones have always said that no matter who despises or ignores
        you, no matter who keeps you from entering their circles, it is right to
        pray for them because the are like us, too."
        --Larry P. Aitken, CHIPPEWA
        You don't know how an apple tastes until you taste it. You don't know
        what a fish tastes like until you eat it. You don't know how it is to be
        a woman unless you are one. You don't know what it means to have a baby
        until you have one. So it is with the natural laws. An example: the
        natural law of forgiveness says, if you hate someone, pray for the
        person to be blessed with happiness, joy and all the blessings of the
        Great Spirit. You will not know about this law unless you do it. The
        natural law says love others as you love yourself. If you hate yourself
        or feel guilt in some area of yourself, you will tend to judge and
        condemn your neighbor. You cannot give away what you don't have. You
        teach your children by your example, not by your words. The natural laws
        are written in our hearts.
        Great Spirit,
        teach me how
        to look into my
        heart.
        Message 3 of 3 , May 24, 2003
          From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Sat, May 24, 2003, 2:02am To:
          [openfires] May 24 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
          openfires@yahoogroups.com
          "Though we speak with the tongues of men and angels and give our bodies
          to be burned, if we are irritable or hard to live with, it all accounts
          for nothing," wrote Margaret Widdemer.
          Wouldn't it be a blessing to ourselves and to others if we could be as
          gentle and considerate in temper as we expect others to be? It is not a
          good thing to keep pent up the emotions that rule us so continually, but
          neither is it good to be too quick and too constantly blowing off steam.
          It may serve as a tension reliever to us, but it can also ruin our
          relationships with others. And without our realizing it, we can soon
          become chronic complainers.
          Worry, physical ailments and weariness can cause a short temper that we
          think others should understand. And most have a way of knowing if that
          is the case, but prolonged impositions on other people will wear that
          tolerance very thin. It takes two to have an argument, but it takes only
          one to start it.
          The need to forgive and to be forgiven should never be overlooked. To
          pass over a disagreement quickly without thought to the damage we've
          done can take the shine off any friendship. There can be no merit in
          forgetting if we cannot first forgive.
          There are two voices in this world that will be forever unpopular. One
          is the voice of self-pity, the other the voice that yells all the time.
          One declares itself to be the victim of great injustice, the other yells
          to demand justice.
          Those who believe themselves to be the victims of injustice - those who
          believe they are meant to suffer - will always find conditions to prove
          they are right.
          And those who yell, "Look what I've sacrificed," and always with the
          theme, "What I've tried to do for you," have slowed another's progress
          and stopped their own.
          True victims of circumstances are easily recognized, and do not care to
          be noticed as such. And those who tell their merits have received their
          rewards, so there aren't any others.
          Both have their attentions turned inward, but to the sorrow of
          most....their voices are not.
          May 24 - Daily Feast
          A thick layer of doubt like fog across the hilltops, can shut out the
          light. Without light, we are depleted of energy and vitality - and
          eventually hope. An elderly Cherokee woman said, "It is true that the
          Cherokee suffered when their houses and gardens and very way of life
          were taken from them. We loved the land and trees and treated them as
          family. It was not the Great Holy Spirit that caused it. It was the a s
          ga na (wickedness) of the world." It seems that no good time exists when
          we can despair. The Cherokees still dance - but to the Great Spirit in
          gratitude, the way David danced before the Lord. And it is high time we
          shout and clap our hands right in the face of trouble.
          ~ You have said to me....that I could send out a voice four times....and
          you could hear me. Today I send a voice for a people in despair. ~
          BLACK ELK
          Elder's Meditation of the Day May 24
          "...in Tunkashila, there is no time. Everything moves in the blink of an
          eye. It's as fast as thought. So there is no speed there. There is no
          time in between."
          --Wallace Black Elk, LAKOTA
          There is a relationship between thought and reality. Every thought is
          alive, and as soon as you think it a result occurs immediately. However,
          to make something happen it may take a series of 1,000 thoughts before
          you can actually see it with your eyes. This occurs because the Laws of
          the Great Spirit act immediately. When you tell a lie, you immediately
          experience fear. When you tell the truth, you immediately experience
          freedom. To the Creator, there is no time. For us to experience the
          meaning of this requires us to act on faith. Faith is belief without
          evidence.
          Great Spirit,
          today,
          let me act