Daily Meditation~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 92 , May 3, 2002
      THINK on THESE THINGS
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      The truly humble are those who have no thought of using other people to
      their own avail. They are aware that any success they may attain comes
      not entirely from their own intelligence and abilities, but because
      somewhere along the way they have acknowledged how inadequate they are
      alone.
      The day of the self-sufficient person has never truly been. Without
      other people, without a sense of humility, success is lost to the
      overambitious.
      English critic, John Ruskin once said that the first test of a truly
      great person is humility.
      There is greatness and sincerity when we can say to ourselves that we
      are only human and except for the grace of God we would even lack those
      qualities. We realize that the world owes us nothing, and no person owes
      us anything but love. It is not simply our job to serve ourselves, but
      it is our duty to serve others.
      Humility is one of the finest qualities found in human nature. Without
      it we are nothing but a brach machine, with it we are warm and kind and
      always respected.
      If we want to be friends to others, we must meet them on their level.
      This isn't to say we have to be the type they are, but understand them
      and realize that it is a good thing that we are not all alike. This is
      the beauty of humanity, the variations that keep the human race from
      being monotonous.
      And there is nothing sweeter to the human ear than to hear someone talk
      its language. Great persons have realized this and have made themselves
      adaptable to the little and to the big, to the learned and to the
      unschooled, in order to be more widely understood.
      Who knew better than the Wise Master the importance of meeting others on
      their own level? The Master looked into the lives of every type of
      person and saw many changes that needed to be made, but also saw much to
      love and to waken. And in this gentleness and compassion the Wise Master
      could meet us all and speak our languages, then to be understood and
      followed.
      We live in such narrow existences when we cannot communicate with anyone
      except those on our own level of thought and action. And if we only have
      one level on which to operate, there's danger of it becoming a shelf for
      immovable objects.
      May 3 - Daily Feast
      Respectful children learn from respectful adults. Calling rudeness only
      exuberant youth is setting the stage for worse things. Respectful
      business once said the customer was always right. He was not always
      right; he could be exceedingly ignorant. But the practice of respect set
      the tone for business, just as respect can set the tone now. Men were
      gentlemen and women were ladies; a trait sorely needed now to head off
      the breakdown of self-respect and to restore kindness.
      ~ Love grows from roots of respect. ~
      ANONYMOUS - CHEROKEE
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - May 3
      "But I have learned a lot from trees: sometimes about the weather,
      sometimes about animals, sometimes about the Great Spirit."
      --Walking Buffalo, STONEY
      Nature is the greatest teacher on the Earth. Nature produces many
      different plants, animals, trees, rocks, birds, insects and weather
      patterns. Nature designed all these various things to grow and multiply
      while at the same time live in harmony with each other. We can learn a
      lot of we observe and study Nature's system of harmony and balance.
      Today, go sit on a rock and quietly observe and ask to be shown the
      lessons.
      Great Spirit,
      Nature is my
      teacher.
      Today, let me
      be the student.
      ----------------------->
      Message 92 of 92 , Jul 3, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Thu, Jul 3, 2003, 1:22am To:
        [openfires] July 3 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        openfires@yahoogroups.com
        In the frantic search for something that has meaning to life, we have a
        tendency to do a thing simply because everyone else is doing it. It
        becomes a "thing," a fad that must be done to keep on the inside circle.
        There's little originality, little thought, but a lot of following along
        in beaten paths.
        It is a mistaken idea to believe that all I see with my eyes and the
        limits of my thinking are the limits of the world. There is a tremendous
        interesting world out there never before investigated, and I am an
        individual like no one else.
        It is quite marvelous to break through the shell of the middling and to
        discover the ability to see and feel, and to hear more keenly. Suddenly,
        I can feel more kindly, not because of who I am on this earth, but
        because I'm a child of God.
        I can see more color, more light, more vision because I'm not being
        shown, I'm discovering. My world is no longer based on passing fancies,
        but on lasting built slowly within me, with love.
        We are always rich when we have courage. It is not the circumstance in
        which we find ourselves but how we handle it that makes the difference.
        If nothing ever challenged us we might not know our strength - we might
        never feel the power to overcome something that gives us courage to
        tackle another o ta li, mountain. Giving up does not come on us
        suddenly, but we cultivate it on a daily basis. Everything, success or
        failure - or even mediocrity - settles on us as we get ready for it.
        When we think and talk failure, it happens. When we think we can do
        something, we can do it. It takes as much effort to lose as it does to
        win - sometimes more. But to think courage, to think strength, is the
        breath of life.
        ~ Why don't you talk and go straight and all will be well? ~
        BLACK KETTLE
        "When you are in the woods, you cannot ever be lost. You are surrounded
        by friends and surrounded by God."
        --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
        Every plant, every animal, every insect, every bird, every tree is made
        up of God. God is life and everything is alive. When you are hunting,
        remember all nature is your friend. All nature has purpose. All nature
        participates in the life cycle. Nature communicates; Nature talks;
        Nature listens; Nature forgives; Nature respects; Nature loves. Nature
        lives in harmony. Nature follows the law. Nature is kind. Nature is
        balance. The woods are alive and beautiful. She is our friend.
        Great Spirit,
        let me honor
        and respect
        the forest