Daily Meditation~~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 56 , Apr 15, 2002
      THINK on THESE THINGS
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Until you've walked in the rain you cannot truly appreciate the
      protection of shelter.
      Unless you've felt the heat from a sweltering sun you cannot fully enjoy
      the coolness of shade.
      Only after the clatter and bang of crowded places can you find quietness
      and solitude so soothing to the nerves.
      Before you can stop worrying and start living, there must be an
      elimination of fear which is the cause of all worry.
      Sometimes, unfortunately, we must collide with the bad before we can
      totally appreciate the good.
      It is said that we too often must be reminded of our obligations before
      we take charge of them.
      Frequently it semes we must have our freedom threatened before we muster
      enough patriotism to defend it.
      Too many shoulders are bowed by our thoughtlessness before we finally
      learn the key to real success is kindness.
      We never know how truly wonderful it is to be loved until we are loved
      when we've failed to deserve it.
      M.R. Smith's words, "God's plans, like lilies pure and white untold - We
      must not tear the close shut leaves apart - Time will reveal the calyxes
      of gold, " reveal, after all, that patience does its perfect work.
      April 15 - Daily Feast
      Neither people not animals take time to analyze right and wrong when
      they are cornered. They react in the only way they know how - most
      backing away when they have the chance. On the other hand, some are not
      wise enough to see the chance to rethink the situation. They run
      roughshod and take what they want. Is there no tomorrow? Life balances
      things in ways we cannot understand. Use your heart - see that like
      attracts like - those who destroy will be destroyed.
      ~ Why should you take by force from us that which you can obtain by
      love? ~
      KING WAHUNSONACOOK - POWHATAN
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - April 15
      "When people live far from the scenes of the Great Spirit's making, it's
      easy for them to forget his laws."
      --Walking Buffalo, STONEY
      Society today is way off track. Unfortunately, many Indian people are
      caught up in these modern times. The Elders are telling us we must wake
      up! We must come back to the culture because this is where His laws are.
      If we don't follow these laws, we will be unhappy. We cannot do things
      just because everybody is doing them. This does not make it right. We
      must follow what the Great Spirit says we must do. We need to pray hard
      for the courage to come back and live according to the culture. It will
      be difficult at first but worth it in the end. We must teach our
      children the culture.
      Great Spirit,
      today, let me
      listen to the
      warnings of
      the Elders.
      ----------------------->
      Message 56 of 56 , Jul 13, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Sun, Jul 13, 2003, 11:02am To:
        [openfires] July 13 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        openfires@yahoogroups.com
        What is it that keeps us from doing the creative things we want to do?
        Fear of venturing and losing, fear of the unknown? And yet, every day of
        our lives we venture and seldom acknowledge the fact that we didn't
        lose. We too often accomplish something because circumstances forced a
        courage we could not muster from mere desire.
        Frequently we must simply have the audacity to lay aside the taboos we
        have built for ourselves, for fear of appearing foolish, and follow a
        creative curiosity.
        When Robert Louis Stevenson wrote, "Give me a young man with brains
        enough to make a fool of himself," he didn't mean intentionally acting
        foolishly. He meant that a fearlessness of appearing foolish can enable
        us to step outside the realms of what others would call the limits.
        The simplest ventures often bring joy to many, particularly to those who
        in the beginning dared to stand on their own chances of winning or
        losing.
        Summer heat has brought a lull to the meadows. Tiny titmice and bright
        yellow warblers stay close to watering places, and only the locust sings
        on in its raspy tones. It sings to remind us that it is summer and time
        to slow our pace. Hay meadows are dotted with bales, and wheat and beans
        are ready for harvest. Evening is alive with the songs of meadowlarks
        and killdeer, and the mockingbird is the comic that sings in all the
        other bird's voices. It would be impossible to live among the things of
        nature and not pace oneself to them. It is the nature of the Cherokee to
        go to a flowing stream with any problem he may have. And he comes away
        with the best harvest of all, a quiet eye and the peaceful harmony of
        summer.
        ~ I have a good heart, and I want no mistake made this time, to live
        with a good heart and talk truth. ~
        CAPTAIN JACK
        "Grandfather, Great Spirit, once more behold me on earth and lean to
        hear my feeble voice. You lived first, and You are older than all need,
        older than all prayer...You are the life of all things."
        --Black Elk, OGLALA SIOUX
        Great Spirit - Sometimes I don't feel like praying. Sometimes when I
        have done something wrong, I'm ashamed to come to You. Even though You
        have always been there for me, I sometimes choose to stay away. It's
        hard for me to understand what all knowing is. Sometimes it's hard for
        me to see how much You really care. But I know if I take a few minutes
        and think about what I know to be true about You, the things change and
        I am able to realize Your power and Your love. Today, I'll start by
        thinking of You. I'll think about all the times You have helped and
        guided me in the past. You are life, You are love, You are power, You
        are desire, You are truth, Your are principle, You are intelligence, You
        are courage. With You I am everything; without You I am nothing.
        Creator,
        thank You
        for allowing me
        to start my day