Daily Meditaion~~~~>

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14, 2002
      THINK on THESE THINGS
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Most successful ventures have behind them some hardships. We as human
      beings, demand such experiences before we can truly appreciate the
      meaning of victory. No one promised that life would be one long gala
      event, but if we're made of durable stuff, we neither let it hinder us
      nor make us run roughshod to get ahead.
      We must always recognize past hardships for what they are. We cannot
      ignore them, for they are a part of our makeup. But neither can we let
      them become crutches to lean upon when there's need for an excuse.
      Bitterness over past experiences wastes valuable time. Perhaps it was
      those hardships that gave us the strength to rise above the mediocre
      things.However crude, ugly or unhappy, even tragic, some of the times
      may seem, as seen alone, when combined with all our knowledge they form
      the perfect circle and play no more important part than all the rest.
      In the words of American poet John Neal, "No man ever worked his passage
      anywhere in a dead calm."
      April 14 - Daily Feast
      What starts out to be an exaggeration and even a great joke, can turn
      into a lie. The worst lie is to hurt someone intentionally, but equally
      sad is the lie told for pure self-defense, or to spare someone the
      truth. There are those who will believe a lie - which is more in their
      understanding than the truth. So much drama and so much pretense makes
      lying acceptable to those living in false existence. To find the right
      path, get rid of the habit of lying. It is a trap that looks innocent
      but the efforts lead to wrongdoing.
      ~ Our fathers gave us many laws.... that it was a disgrace to tell a
      lie; that we should speak only the truth. ~
      CHIEF JOSEPH - NEZ PERCE
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - April 14
      "The base of all things is love, respect."
      --Vickie Downey, TEWA/Tesuque Pueblo
      The greatest weapon of any Spiritual Warrior is love. Love will change
      minds; love will forgive; love will let go; love will cause good luck;
      love will heal; love will cry; love will get rid of resentments; love
      will overcome fear. Love loves love. Any human who is loving will be
      guaranteed respect. Respect loves love. We need to love and respect
      ourselves.
      Grandmother,
      Grandfather,
      today, lead me
      on the path of
        love.
      ------------------------>
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 9, 2002
        Permission graciously given by Joyce Sequichie Hifler.

        "THINK on THESE THINGS"
        by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
        The setting of the sun on an old year is a kind of summing up time. What
        have you accomplished? What were your goals? Will they be higher in the
        new year?
        Whatever your personal plans and whatever the reasons back of them,
        there are common everyday kinds of people that should be kept in view.
        They have positive outlooks, and are best recognized when sincerely
        listening to a child's words.
        You will see them when they steady the elderly, you will know them by
        their kindness. You will not often hear their prayers as they are for
        their God. But you will know they are to be depended upon and that they
        will not tire of these things, for it is their natural role.
        Think about these people when you set your plans. They are good to
        remember. Your success or failure depends upon these people being you.
        When Pharaoh was asked when he wanted the plague of frogs removed from
        his land, he said, "Tomorrow." Why not this minute? Why put off, delay,
        procrastinate, when the problem can be resolved this very minute? We can
        be smarter than Pharaoh if we choose things to be changed now. Now is
        the opportune time to speak the word, to work the word, to change the
        destinations. If not now, when? Because tomorrow, there will be another
        tomoroow - or someday. Borrowing from time delays living - but now
        changes the face of many things.
        ~ Why don't you talk, and go straight, and let all be well? ~
        BLACK KETTLE - CHEYENNE
        "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
        White Bison, Inc., an American Indian owned non-profit corporation,
        produces and distributes a variety of books including the "Elder's
        Meditations", video tapes, audio cassettes, t-shirts, mugs, kits, and
        posters. Order for yourself or a loved one here:
        http://www.whitebison.org
        Elder's Meditation of the Day - July 8
        "You are going to learn the most important lesson - that God is the most
        powerful thing there is."
        --Mathew King, LAKOTA
        The Medicine Wheel teaches that there are two worlds - the Seen World
        and the Unseen World, or the Physical World and the Spiritual World. We
        need information from both of these worlds in order to live our lives in
        a harmonious way. The most difficult way is to figure things out by
        ourselves and leave the Great Spirit out of it. When we do this, we are
        making decisions with information only from the Physical World. This can
        be called reliance on self. If we ask the Creator to help us, we then
        get information from the Unseen World or the Spiritual World. The
        Spiritual World is where we get our power. When we do this, we are
        God-reliant. Being God-reliant is the same as being on the Red Road.
        Great Spirit,
        whisper the
        secrets of the
        Unseen World