Daily Meditation~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 92 , Apr 6, 2002
      THINK on THESE THINGS
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Is there ever a perfect time? A wise mother says there isn't. She
      advises us to take life by the hand and march right into the middle, and
      then start digging out the corners. She says not to wait for a perfect
      time to do anything, because a perfect time never quite makes it. We
      simply have to go ahead and make it as near perfect as possible.
      A perfectionist is usually someone who can never find the perfect way,
      and gives up in futility. But the one who aims at perfection and does
      not wait for it, is at least moving and there's nothing useless about
      that. Unless we are moving, we resemble Tennyson's description:
      "Faultily faultless, icily regular, splendidly null, dead perfection; no
      more."
      We have to face life, not under the pressure of perfection, but by pure
      faith. We have to go on accepting and rejecting as we come to each
      phase.
      "For perfection does not exist," said eighteenth century writer Alfred
      de Musset. "To understand it is the triumph of human intelligence; to
      expect to possess it is the most dangerous kind of madness."
      In the rush of too much to do, we stack up for ourselves things we are
      going to do, things we ought to do, and things we intend to do. We do
      first the things of necessity, we take time to think a little about what
      we ought to do, and the rest is left to good intentions.
      Frequently the good intentions hold the key to our happiness. While we
      bog down in the necessities of living, the things that mean so much slip
      away unnoticed.
      We always expect other people to know that we intend to do this or that,
      but we must realize that they cannot read our good intentions. Good
      intentions have the same look as nothing at all. And we have to draw our
      own conclusions as to what our thoughts and feelings are. Only if we
      express them can we ever hope for others to know what we would like to
      do, even though circumstances may hinder us.
      It has been written that intelligent beings have what it takes to
      surpass themselves. By sensible thought we can actively express our good
      intentions and this opens the way for fulfillment.
      April 6 - Daily Feast
      Nature knows no other way than to restore what has been depleted. It
      simply works to put back what has been taken away. The moment man takes
      his eyes off the land, nature reclaims it. Man has a way of waiting for
      help. Nature takes advantage of any opportunity to have its due season.
      And if any of us feel we have been held back, there is a due season.
      Take it. Don't wait for government to fund it or for a lender to say it
      is approved. Take whatever steps can be taken - physically and mentally,
      but definitely spiritually. Only here can you get foolproof help.
      ~ I hereby pledge my word, a word that has never been broken, that if
      your great father will set aside a part of my own country, where I and
      my little band can live....we will live in peace with you forever. ~
      COCHISE
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - April 6
      "Everybody should pray together, cheer along, root along. That brings
      the circle together. Everything is together."
      --Wallace Black Elk, LAKOTA
      Life on the Earth can sometimes be very complicated. Sometimes we think
      we are alone in our problems. Sometime we even withdraw. Then the
      problems become even more difficult. We need to watch out for one
      another, to care for one another, to pray together, to encourage one
      another; and we need to support one another. Behaving in this manner
      will bring the circle together.
      Great Spirit,
      today, let me
      support my
      brothers and
      sisters.
      Message 92 of 92 , Jul 3, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Thu, Jul 3, 2003, 1:22am To:
        [openfires] July 3 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        openfires@yahoogroups.com
        In the frantic search for something that has meaning to life, we have a
        tendency to do a thing simply because everyone else is doing it. It
        becomes a "thing," a fad that must be done to keep on the inside circle.
        There's little originality, little thought, but a lot of following along
        in beaten paths.
        It is a mistaken idea to believe that all I see with my eyes and the
        limits of my thinking are the limits of the world. There is a tremendous
        interesting world out there never before investigated, and I am an
        individual like no one else.
        It is quite marvelous to break through the shell of the middling and to
        discover the ability to see and feel, and to hear more keenly. Suddenly,
        I can feel more kindly, not because of who I am on this earth, but
        because I'm a child of God.
        I can see more color, more light, more vision because I'm not being
        shown, I'm discovering. My world is no longer based on passing fancies,
        but on lasting built slowly within me, with love.
        We are always rich when we have courage. It is not the circumstance in
        which we find ourselves but how we handle it that makes the difference.
        If nothing ever challenged us we might not know our strength - we might
        never feel the power to overcome something that gives us courage to
        tackle another o ta li, mountain. Giving up does not come on us
        suddenly, but we cultivate it on a daily basis. Everything, success or
        failure - or even mediocrity - settles on us as we get ready for it.
        When we think and talk failure, it happens. When we think we can do
        something, we can do it. It takes as much effort to lose as it does to
        win - sometimes more. But to think courage, to think strength, is the
        breath of life.
        ~ Why don't you talk and go straight and all will be well? ~
        BLACK KETTLE
        "When you are in the woods, you cannot ever be lost. You are surrounded
        by friends and surrounded by God."
        --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
        Every plant, every animal, every insect, every bird, every tree is made
        up of God. God is life and everything is alive. When you are hunting,
        remember all nature is your friend. All nature has purpose. All nature
        participates in the life cycle. Nature communicates; Nature talks;
        Nature listens; Nature forgives; Nature respects; Nature loves. Nature
        lives in harmony. Nature follows the law. Nature is kind. Nature is
        balance. The woods are alive and beautiful. She is our friend.
        Great Spirit,
        let me honor
        and respect
        the forest