Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , Apr 1, 2002
      THINK on THESE THINGS
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Leisure - what is it? It is that beautiful something that escapes us
      most of the time. Leisure, like most everything else, can be found if we
      truly want it. We seem to have the ability to do most of what we set our
      minds to do, and the less important things can be set aside for this
      particular thing.
      We get pretty stale when we never take time to relax. A few hours of
      getting away from even a beloved mahouse will make a new human being out
      of a bundle of nerves.
      Pursuit of leisure is to lose it. We can't suddenly say that th next
      five minutes will be for complete relaxation. It takes that long to
      begin to unwind. Gaiety and rhythm and frivolity are shunned by most
      minds. But if there are none of these, even in the smallest amounts,
      then leisure is more of a restless shuffling - like a night out with no
      place to go.
      We need to excerise out minds a little to achieve and goal, and leisure
      is definitely a goal!
      FOUR
      Nun ki'
      FLOWER MONTH
      Tsi law 'nee
      The Great Spirit made the Indians to be a single people, quite distinct
      from white men and for different purposes.
      TENSKAWATAWA - SHAWNEE PROPHET
      April 1 - Daily Feast, Volume II
      April! Golden girl of the year, clad in the newest shade of green with
      meadow skirts strewn with every color and cradling nests of baby birds
      close to your breast. Your jewels sparkle in the morning mist, long
      strands of dew drops draping the fence rows and turning to emeralds and
      rubies in early morning light. Tears come easily but you are often
      laughing as you move through a range of temperatures that gives the
      human spirit reason to celebrate. You are adored, sweet girl of spring,
      for life the way you serve it.
      ~ My heart is filled with joy when I see you here, as the brooks fill
      with water when the snow melts in spring. ~
      PARRA-WA-SAMEN  -  COMANCHE,  1867
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - April 1
      "People think other things are more important than prayer, but they are
      mistaken."
      --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
      An Elder once said the most important thing you can do in the course of
      a day is to pray. If we get up late or oversleep, which is more
      important? Rush to work without praying or pray first and then go to
      work? The Elders say it's more important to pray. If we get angry,
      should we act on our anger or should we pray first? The Elders say it's
      more important to pray first. If, during the day, we face indecision,
      what should we do?  PRAY. If, during the day, we become irritated or
      we experience fear, what should we do first? PRAY. The Warrior who prays
      first will lead a different life from those who pray last.

      Great Spirit,
      teach me to
      pray first!
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day