Off topic: Earthchanges update.

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2001
      Does anyone have any Earthchanges updates for the group? Currently I have been hearing that even the critics of Global Warming are jumping on the band wagon and are starting to say we might have a problem here. The major news media tends to not want to report on this topic though. There is a webpage that I use for alterative media called independent media http://www.indymedia.org this page covers all kinds of counter culture news including the environment. The situation is clear, if we do not clean up our acts mother nature will, you can take that to the bank. We are facing a crisis that is so big that we might have to face losing our whole society as we know it to the changes that are coming. We face a time of many choices and it is up to us to make the right ones or face being thrown like fleas off the Sacred mother Earth. The green party of America is being squished out by big corporations who are just in it for the money and screw everyone on the way out. We must respect the Earth or pay the price and that is just what they do not understand, the more the rape the Earth the more deep shit we are all in. It is a catch 22 situation with these big oil and energy companies, we need the power but we do not want strip the Earth and we know the power and oil companies want to play hardball with us. The price of solar power is still a wee bit to high for must people but conservation is a great idea. We can reduce our bills and spend that extra money on conservation efforts in our homes. I got compact fluorescent lightbulbs here and I have attempted to reduce power use by at least 10% and I believe is all Americans can do the same we will send a message that we care for the Earth and that we want our power at the same time, its a win win for us all. Ok if anyone has anymore Ideas or comments on what to do to lessen the effect of the coming earthchanges please let me know. Any news about Earthchanges is also welcome here thanks everyone.

      ~Paranormalvortex~
    • Angelik
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 2001
        You're right Vortexy,ppl do not really care about
        Mother Earth ,the only god they have is money...
        Here in France there were problems
        too:inundations,tempests...
        Mother Earth feels unwell and it is more than time
        for everybody to act against the blemish and stop to
        hurt Earth...
        Just hope ppl will act before it will be too late..

        Angelik.