Daily Meditation~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2002
      THINK on THESE THINGS
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      It is always amazing to hear someone scoff at the serious things.
      Perhaps they only scoff because they can't recognize anything really
      serious outside their own personal problems.... Or maybe they are just
      afraid to acknowledge anything they don't understand.
      Whatever it is that keeps people thinking in such a limited area adds to
      the residue of dullness in their minds. And until they can mature enough
      to believe in something worthwhile they continue to add layer after
      layer of residue to the mind.
      It is not surprising that some people believe themselves in possession
      of all knowledge to the point that they feel free to ridicule those who
      are still in the process of thinking things out. We can never truly
      judge another's reasoning. We can only see the results and with time it
      may be the person will break through that accumulation to wisdom and
      kindness that is so necessary in tolerating others' opinions and
      beliefs. The will the residue diminish and there will be a renewal of
      the spirit.
      March 5 - Daily Feast
      Once you hear the cries of geese in flight, you never forget it.
      Distance may muffle the sound at first - but then all is silent and that
      clear spirited call comes through. The sound of geese is one of the
      earliest signs that the season is changing. Long ribbons pulled along in
      v-shape, turning like silver flecks in the sunlight before they fade
      into the blue. Like other treasures we want to preserve, we need to
      provide a place for them as an invitation to come and awaken us with
      their primitive cries.
      ~ Such nearness to nature as I have described keeps the spirit sensitive
      to impressions not commonly felt, and in touch with unseen powers. ~
      OHIYESA - SANTEE DAKOTA, 1862
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - March 5
      "I have always searched for my place and my people."
      --Wendy Rose, HOPI/MIWOK
      For every human being to feel connected, we must have the feeling of
      belonging. That is one of the values and benefits of a culture: it
      creates the feeling of belonging. If for some reason, while you were
      growing up, you did not develop the feeling of belonging, a search will
      be triggered and a restlessness will be present in your heart. You will
      have a hole inside you, something missing, until you find your place and
      your people. Remember, we can get this feeling of belonging when we
      realize we belong to the Great Spirit and that He really loves us a lot.
      My Creator,
      today, I belong
      to You. Let me
      feel Your presence.