Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , Mar 3, 2002
      The setting of the sun on an old year is a kind of summing up time. What
      have you accomplished? What were your goals? Will they be higher in the
      new year?
      Whatever your personal plans and whatever the reasons back of them,
      there are common everyday kinds of people that should be kept in view.
      They have positive outlooks, and are best recognized when sincerely
      listening to a child's words.
      You will see them when they steady the elderly, you will know them by
      their kindness'. You will not often hear their prayers as they are for
      their God. But you will know they are to be depended upon and that they
      will not tire of these things, for it is their natural role.
      Think about these people when you set your plans. They are good to
      remember. Your success or failure depends upon these people being you.
      March 3 - Daily Feast
      Some mysteries have never been explained; how a firefly lights up its
      tail, how a bumblebee flies, and how a hummingbird can hover and dart.
      Even deeper mysteries surround us personally. How did we get to this
      place to do this thing? We know little more about ourselves than we do
      about the firefly and bumblebee. To think and ponder and question is a
      part of our nature - but if we were to put to work what we already know
      we would be financial geniuses and spiritual giants. No mystery stands
      out here, but think what we could do were we to work like the ant - and
      with no overseer.
      ~ He did not depend altogether on his eyes for information. ~
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - March 3
      "For me writing has become prayers that say, `Great Spirit, return to us
      our freedom, our land, and our lives. We are thankful for the present
      from which to learn how to be thankful for the past, and how to be
      hopeful for the future."
      --Barney Bush, SHAWNEE
      We Native people have really been tested. This testing is having our
      land taken from us, our culture challenged, and our way of living
      altered. Gratefully, we have not lost our spirituality. Our spirituality
      has been the key for our people making it through all of these tests.
      Our prayers are strong. Indian people have also been able to adjust to
      change and still keep their culture and spirituality. Today, we should
      be grateful to the Creator for the present, and for the lessons of the
      past. May our future be guided by the Great Spirit.
      Great Spirit,
      thank You for
      Mother Earth
      and Father
      Sky. Thank
      You for my
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        July 30 - Daily Feast
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day