831Daily Meditations~~~~~>

    Jan 7, 2002
      THINK ON THESE THINGS
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Following the wrong map will not get us where we want to be. Time and
      time again we have followed this map and though it seemed right we have
      always ended up in a sad place. Everyone has been on the wrong road at
      some time, but if they continue to insist their map is right -- then
      stress follows.
      How many times we have asked ourselves what we are doing wrong. Chances
      are we don't ask because we really want to know. Do we ask for new
      directions or because we may be able to blame someone else? We know who
      must change.
      Take the directions and flush them, they are bad news and even though it
      is not what we want to do, do we really want to find ourselves in
      another sad place?
      January 7 - Daily Feast
      To the Cherokee, the land is not dirt and stone and trees, it is a
      life-nourisher. The seed is more than a dormant embryo, it is life. The
      person is more than a human creature, he is spirit. It is never the
      worship of nature - but it is the love and adoration of that which set
      it all in motion, the Substance behind moisture, the sunlight, the rise
      and fall of the tides. Incredible things are happening right before our
      eyes, but most are looking for things to mourn and things to celebrate.
      Look behind the events. The rays of sun can damage - but the reason
      behind all these depths and heights heals and restores.
      ~ The sun is my fathe; the earth is my mother; on her bosom I will
      repose. ~
      TECUMSEH - SHAWNEE
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - January 7
      "..when we become hollow bones there is no limit to what the Higher
      Powers can do in and through us in spiritual things."
      --Frank Fools Crow, LAKOTA
      If we want to be of maximum use to the Creator, we must ready ourselves
      to do so. if we are to become a channel for His purposes, we must
      prepare ourselves to do so. If we have resentment, fear, selfishness, or
      anger, we are not hollow bones. We must be rid of these things. We must
      change ourselves. We must ask for forgiveness for ourselves and forgive
      our brothers and sisters. We must keep our insides clean. We cannot use
      our power in a good way when we have blockages such as hate, judgement
      and envy. When we are free of these things the Higher Powers can use us
      beyond our wildest imagination. Then we can really help ourselves and
      help our people. Only when we are hollow bones can we have an effect on
      the world.
      Oh Great
      Spirit, remove
      from me the