700Daily Meditations~~~~~>

    Dec 18, 2001
      December 18 - Daily Feast
      Initiative is the will to win. It is the decision to begin right where
      we are, the self-starting push that gets us over the hump in the road.
      It is the smile and the quick step that gets us past what seems wrong.
      It is the ability to see a rainbow when others are crying over the rain.
      Initiative is a new surge of bravery and makes us stand up straight and
      use our heads and hearts and not fall into envy and fear. It is a new
      burst of strength that understands what it takes to get going. And the
      best part of self-motivation is to follow up the will with good work,
      with more faith and more courage - that this time, we are going to
      strike gold! This time is a new time, a new heart, a new person that
      will not wilt in the face of opposition.
      ~ The Great Spirit puts a shadow in your heart when you destroy.... ~
      JOE FRIDAY
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - December 18
      "Parents have to demonstrate the value of trust, respect and honor."
      --Haida Gwaii, Traditional Circle of Elders
      Children learn more by watching than by listening. If we want our
      children to understand and value trust, they know it by watching how
      adults live their lives! If we want the children to be respectful, they
      will observe what the adults do and say to each other. We need to walk
      our talk. We need to remember the children are watching.
      Grandfather,
      help me learn
      these
      important
      values: Trust,
      Respect and
      Honor.
      Need new boots for winter? Looking for a perfect gift for your shoe
      loving friends? Zappos.com is the perfect fit for all your shoe needs!
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic