585Daily Meditations~~~~~>

    Dec 6, 2001
      THINK ON THESE THINGS
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      We do not always see the way to help others who are so deadset against
      even the idea that someone could know what they need. All we can do is
      hold their hand until help comes -- help that they can accept.
      Our thought is so rigid and unforgiving. We try to make things a certain
      way and always that some other person must pay for our unhappiness. Life
      is simply not that way. We have to be the first to forgive, even though
      it may take a while to forget.
      Wisdom says not to believe every sound of Peace, Peace! But once in a
      great while there is a voice of peace. We would not want to be so
      cynical that we miss it. Listen for that voice. It is true. It truly
      wants to help and we should not foolishly ignore the best thing that
      could happen.
      December 6 - Daily Feast
      The instant something offends us, we are off the track. Resentment
      surges through us and nothing is going to please us. We learned how to
      walk and talk and rely on people - and to mistrust them as well. We have
      learned how to think, how to rate people and systems - and how to berate
      them. We form opinions, set up values, decide how far we will go and how
      little it takes to reach a goal. And somewhere along the way we find
      that others have done the same things, and will not respect our
      opinions. We are offended - e s ga-nu li s da ne lv gi. Taking offense
      creates a weak link. All our gifts, talents and skills must be united so
      that we are centered and poised in our own consciousness. When we take
      offense, we are not shut  away from living, but our mouths, our eyes,
      our thoughts are aware of the weak link.
      ~ It has come to me through the bushes that you are not yet all united;
      take time and become united.... ~
      BIG BEAR
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - December 6
      "And that, I guess, is what it all boils down to - do the right thing,
      everything goes fine; do the wrong thing, everything's a mess."
      --Robert Spott, YUROK
      The Elders say every person is born with free will and every person has
      a specific purpose to accomplish during their life time. When our life
      is relatively free from obstacles we are walking the path of God's will.
      If our life is full of obstacles, we are not doing the will of God.
      Often, the Great Spirit guides us through a system of coincidences. We
      need to pay attention to coincidences. If we are aware of these, we
      often can recognize the path which God is showing us. We need to pray
      and ask Him to show us the path in terms we can understand.

      Oh, Great
      Mystery, let me
      recognize the
      coincidences.