2755Lets see if you send it back

  • Jeanne-Marie Hartmayer
    Dec 29, 2003
      One day, when I was a freshman in high school,

      I saw
      a kid from my class was walking home from school.

      His
      name was Kyle.

      It looked like he was carrying all of his
      books.

      I thought to myself, "Why would anyone bring
      home all his books on a Friday?

      He must really be a
      nerd."

      I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my friends tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on.

      As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him.

      They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his
      arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt.

      His glasses
      went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet from him.

      He looked up and I saw this terrible
      sadness in his eyes.

      My heart went out to him. So, I jogged over to him and as he crawled around looking for his glasses, and I saw a tear in his eye.

      As I handed him his glasses, I said,"Those guys are jerks.

      They really should get lives.

      " He looked
      at me and said, "Hey thanks!"

      There was a big smile on his face.

      It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude.

      I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived.

      As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him
      why I had never seen him before.

      He said he had gone to private
      school before now.

      I would have never hung out with a private school kid before.

      We talked all the way home, and I carried some
      of his books.

      He turned out to be a pretty cool kid.

      asked him if he wanted to play a little football with my friends.

      He said yes.

      We hung out all weekend and the
      more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked him, and my
      friends thought the same of him.

      Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books again.

      I stopped him and said,
      "Boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!

      " He just laughed and handed me half the books.

      Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends.

      When we were seniors, we began to think
      about college.

      Kyle decided on Georgetown, and I
      was going to Duke.

      I knew that we would always be
      friends, that the miles would never be a problem.

      He
      was going to be a doctor, and I was going for business on a football scholarship.

      Kyle was valedictorian of our class.

      I teased him all the
      time about being a nerd.

      He had to prepare a speech for
      graduation.

      I was so glad it wasn't m e having to get up there and speak.

      Graduation day, I saw Kyle.

      He looked great.

      He
      was one of those guys that really found himself during high school.

      He filled out and actually looked good in glasses.

      He had more dates than I had and all the girls loved him.

      Boy, sometimes I was jealous.

      Today was one of those days.

      I could see that he was
      nervous about his speech.

      So, I smacked him on the back
      and said, "Hey, big guy, you'll be great!"

      He looked at me
      with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smiled.

      "Thanks," he said.

      As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began.

      "Graduation is a time to thank those who helped
      you make it through those tough years.

      Your parents,
      your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach...but mostly your friends.

      I am here to tell all of you that being a
      friend to someone is the best gift you can give them.

      am going to tell you a story."

      I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the story of the first day we met.

      He had planned to kill
      himself over the weekend.

      He talked of how he had
      cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn't have to do
      it later and was carrying his stuff home.

      He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile.

      "Thankfully, I was saved.

      My friend saved me from
      doing the unspeakable."

      I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told us all about his weakest moment.

      I saw his Mom and dad looking at me and smiling that same
      grateful smile.

      Not until that moment did I realize it's depth.

      Never underestimate the power of your actions.

      With
      one small gesture you can change a person's life.

      For
      better or for worse.

      God puts us all in each other's lives to impact one another in some way.

      Look for God in others.

      You now have two choices, you can:

      1) Pass this on to your friends or

      2) Delete it and act like it didn't touch your heart.

      As you can see, I took choice number 1. "Friends are

      angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have

      trouble remembering how to fly."

      There is no beginning or end..Yesterday is history.

      Tomorrow is mystery.

      Today is a gift.

      It's National Friendship Week. Show your friends

      how much you care. Send this to everyone you

      consider a FRIEND. If it comes back to you, then

      you'll know you have a circle of friends.

      WHEN YOU RECEIVE THIS LETTER, YOU'RE REQUESTED TO SEND IT TO AT LEAST 10 PEOPLE, INCLUDING THE PERSON WHO SENT IT TO YOU.

      Have fun customizing MSN Messenger � learn how here!