2656Daily Meditation~~~~>

    Jul 23, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 23, 2003, 9:08am To:
      [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 23 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      How weak-willed we are at times when we've made a decision and know we
      must stand on it. It is so much easier to give in to the easy way of
      doing things.
      We are almost a "house divided against itself," and the strain of
      staying with a decision seems almost our enemy. But we never gain much
      stature by giving in to ourselves against our better judgement. And we
      never get anywhere by scattering our efforts.
      Making a decision is difficult enough without losing one's determination
      in following through. Laying down the responsibility is someone like
      warning children to behave themselves and then permitting them to
      continue to misbehave.
      How long has it been since you've proven to yourself that you mean
      business in carrying out a plan?
      A man of wisdom has written that we have firmness of character when we
      have the ability to say "no" to the wrong as well as to those things
      which are good but stand in the way of our progress.
      Always remember that to want something that is good and right is the
      blessing. God gave us that ability to desire or we would never have
      thought of using it. But God also gave us the ability to cry, to feel
      pain, and the freedom to choose whether we go on or quit.
      In our lives we face many decisions. Some are hard to make because we
      know we must turn our backs upon something that seems harmless at the
      moment simply because we know it would not be good in the long run.
      But there are also decisions that are more challenge than decision. They
      are the good things that are placed before us, and our will to follow
      through is tested. When defeat seems sure, then is the time to begin to
      fight. When others are quitting, then is the time to throw more strength
      into the battle. Anything worth having is worth working for, and is of
      lasting value.
      Very often these sieges must be made silently and without seeming
      effort. And yet we know we cannot get something for nothing. We have a
      service to perform. We can make it a drudge, or we can make it a
      delightful experience, according to our faith. Be persistent. Unless you
      do not particularly want your dreams to come true, you can't afford to
      know the meaning of apathy. You must continually be on the scene with
      the muscles of your mind toned.
      It isn't difficult to have a dream. But it often ceases at that point.
      The willingness to follow through, the determination to look
      impossibilities in the eye and trudge on must be practiced before that
      dream can amount to anything.
      All along life's road there are those who would discourage you, every
      often in ignorance, not realizing the effect of their words upon you. It
      is then that you must muster the strength to believe that theirs is only
      an opinion while your plans are based on the principle that all good
      things come to those who hustle while they wait.
      It is too bad that they cannot see your invisible companions,
      persistence, faith, and a worthwhile plan. Smile and walk on.
      There is a Divine Being with whom we can place all our obstacles, all
      our doubts and fears - and then our work begins. We give lovingly of
      friendship, of any kind of help that we are capable of giving, of
      positive words and thoughts and understanding.
      Give without thought of return. For while we are giving with loving
      selflessness, life shapes for us our heart's desire.
      Much is lost through misunderstanding - and often because we want
      someone to know we are angry. We choose to think they intentionally
      displease us, though we know nothing of their circumstance of what their
      thoughts really were. It must be an ego-building thing to believe that
      someone is trying to offend us. Somehow it gives an importance where
      there had been none. We have the uncanny knack of building a sad story
      with such realism that it makes us think we are more important than we
      are. It is not enjoyable to be the kind of person who wants to
      misunderstand - not only other people, but also life itself. It is
      painful to be unhappy and disagreeable, but some cannot resist the
      temptation.
      ~ It has come to me through the bushes that you are not united
      (agreeable); come to me when you are united. ~
      BIG BEAR
      "...the greatest strength is in gentleness."
      --Leon Shenandoah, ONONDAGA
      Our Elders have taught us many lessons about becoming a Warrior and how
      to think and act like one. We have been told about the power of
      gentleness. We have been told about the power of the stillness. Physical
      power is about effort. Mental power is the opposite. It's about being
      effortless or less any effort. Gentleness is one of the greatest
      attributes of the Warrior and one of the greatest mental powers. It
      takes a lot of love to be gentle. Gentleness is not an ego word.
      Gentleness is the weapon of the Great Spirit.
      My Creator,
      today I will be gentle
      with myself
      and with others.