2655Daily Meditation~~~>

    Jul 23, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Tue, Jul 22, 2003, 7:35am To:
      [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 22 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      It has been written that an optimist is someone who can fall ten stories
      and call out to each floor in passing that everything is okay so far. It
      has also been said that an optimist is someone who refuses to see things
      as they really are.
      It is far better, the pessimist believes, to look for the worst so as to
      be pleasant surprised when things are better than expected. Then, if
      they are as bad as imagined, the disappointment won't be quite so great.
      But this is somewhat like backing into a room so to avoid seeing the
      beauty of it, only to find it is an elevator shaft.
      There can be no advancement where we expect the worst and believe that
      going outside the limits of ordinary thinking is only day dreaming.
      Thinkers, capable of forecasting and predicting answers before the
      questions arise, are in great demand.
      Only the optimist can fill the bill. Only the optimist can dare to
      believe there are things waiting for discovery and further development.
      An optimist questions life the same as a pessimist - the difference is
      that the optimist knows there is an answer and that the answer can be
      found. Optimists are aware that the cherries of life have pits, but they
      are prepared to remove them. Their minds do not dwell on the pits, but
      on the sweetness of the cherries.
      There will be situations that will make us afraid. Fear is a common
      sense emotion that keeps us from walking in front of a moving car or
      from jumping off the deep end of anything. And there are periods of
      natural anxiety when we want too much to perform well, and the
      butterflies begin to flutter.
      Then, there is another kind of fear that is unnatural. It has the
      ability to possess us and rule over our very lives. It is that "what if"
      fear that builds nests in our minds and hatches dire images that scare
      the daylights out of us. It can keep the lights off, the doors bolted,
      and the windows of our souls blocked against the most beautiful things
      in life.
      It is no disgrace in this day to ask for professional help in
      understanding our fears. Only the very foolish would consider this help
      a crutch. It is a brave person who admits the need for help and has the
      courage to go and find it.
      They are the pioneers in recognizing our existence as threefold: spirit,
      mind, and body.
      We are forever in transition - continually moving, changing direction,
      doing differently than we imagined. If we were to stop and analyze the
      past and what lies ahead, we would know that if anything is required of
      us, it is to be flexible. Not flexible in seeing everything one color,
      one ideal, one belief - but bending without breaking, able to see the
      chaos and not fall down under it. It is our duty, our a da du da lv ne
      di, obligation, to move and bend without creating a rift in our own
      spirit. A house cut in two cannot stand. However far we move in any
      direction, we must get it back together, we must bond with the law of
      our own spiritual being - which is to love others as we love ourselves.
      But we have to first love ourselves.
      ~ I had a dream.....that the maker of all was Wakan tanka.....to honor
      Him, I must honor his works. ~
      BRAVE BUFFALO
      "All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the
      children of the earth."
      --Chief Seattle, SUQWAMISH AND DUWAMISH
      We are all connected. This is what the Elders have told us for a long
      time. If we are connected to all things, then whenever we harm anything,
      it causes harm to ourselves. If we destroy the air, then we will be
      affected by what we breathe in. If we poison the earth, we poison
      ourselves. We must respect our Mother Earth and She will respect us in
      return. We must open our eyes and obey the spiritual laws that govern
      the earth and ourselves.
      Grandfather,
      today allow me
      to honor and respect