2651Daily Meditation~~~>

    Jul 20, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Sun, Jul 20, 2003, 2:12pm To:
      [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 20 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      Life equips us in many ways for very special purposes. Some never catch
      the high vision as to why they may be the object of ridicule or the
      witness of cruelty - while others bear the brunt of many heartaches and
      still are capable of knowing compassion for those who cause it.
      Jesus was such a man - He withstood more than we are able to comprehend,
      but He asked that His tormentors be forgiven for they knew not what they
      were doing.
      It is our individual decision whether we choose to be one of the throng
      of agitators who see only to confirm what everyone else is doing, or we
      can catch the vision of greater things and walk firmly in paths we
      believe are right.
      To fall into the role of just another face in the crowd is an ill-chosen
      path, but to lead others to follow is the essence of parasitism - the
      need to have others be just as nameless and even more dependent.
      The hours were longer when we were children. Summer was a time of
      sunlight, bare feet, and shade trees. We fished in a creek with a
      crooked pole and feasted on potatoes and onions cooked over an open
      fire, which the Cherokee calls a tsi la. It was a good time, and we
      expected everything to be good. There was time to daydream - or hide out
      in a secret place and be quiet. Now we have less time and more
      responsibility - or have we let fear steal our joy? If we let it, it
      will tell us we can't remember details, we hear less, our vision is
      blurred and we are afraid of what we see and read. Fear is a contaminate
      that dulls our senses. But it can't affect us when we turn around and
      renew and restore our minds. The creek and the sunperch are still there
      to help.
      ~ We sang songs that carried in their melodies all the sounds of nature
      - the running of waters, the sighing of winds, and the calls of the
      animals. Teach your children..... ~
      AMERICAN INDIAN
      "When you begin a great work you can't expect to finish it all at once;
      therefore, do you and your brothers press on and let nothing discourage
      you until you have entirely finished what you have begun."
      --Teedyuschung, DELAWARE
      All things have their seasons. All thoughts are real. We must think to
      cause action and each action creates results. Big visions require many
      thoughts. It takes a series of thoughts to create a series of actions. A
      series of actions creates a series of results. These results are what
      makes vision become real. If we are here to serve the Creator then we
      can expect to be accomplishing big visions. How do we do this: One step
      at a time.
      Let me focus
      on what needs to be done
      today.