2645Daily Meditation~~~~>

    Jul 17, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Thu, Jul 17, 2003, 10:58am To:
      [openfires] July 17 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      openfires@yahoogroups.com
      It is written that where there's a will there's a way. If a desire is
      sincere and the results are for the good of everyone, the first giant
      steps have already been taken. American clergyman Joel Hawes has been
      quoted, "You may be whatever you resolve to be. Determine to be
      something in the world, and you will be something - 'I cannot' never
      accomplishes anything; 'I will try' has wrought wonders."
      A positive attitude can be one of the greatest joys to experience. To
      begin a day by willing everything good, and meeting any obstacle with
      the idea that it has no power, can make some of the most sudden and
      drastic changes in anyone's life.
      To be something or someone is one of the strongest desires, but it does
      mean sacrifices of doubt and apprehension and feeling sorry for oneself.
      It means standing straighter when it is more comfortable to crawl. It
      means laughing instead of lamenting. It means thinking positively and
      speaking good words.
      It is said that a great deal of talent is lost in this world for the
      want of a little courage. We often think of courage as the kind that
      wins wars and braves new fronts. But there is another plain, ordinary
      kind of courage that helps us face our everyday problems.
      There is a surprising lack of this kind of courage, and it leads us to
      seek ways to dodge our responsibilities. It takes a tremendous amount of
      courage to face everything and everyone and take a firm stand for what
      we believe. It takes courage to admit we have weaknesses and needs that
      we must overcome. It is a daily fight to follow the right road when the
      wrong one looks so smooth. And it takes courage to believe, when
      obstacles face us.
      God has given courage to each of us, for strength to overcome is
      available to all who are courageous in asking for help to be courageous.
      There is little wrong with the earth that it cannot clean up itself. It
      renews constantly, trying to keep pace with so much tampering going on.
      It has its hot spots, its upheavals, and the recycling of elements - but
      the Indian has known how to live with the changes. It is the world of
      people that needs to clean up its act. Some think the trouble began when
      the atom was split - but it was more apt to be when man split with the
      Great Holy Spirit. We learn from the earth not to build up too much
      pressure or we will blow it. The river has taught us we can't be too
      broadminded or we spread out in the shallows and dry up in the midday
      sun. When moral standards were lost in the shuffle, the world kicked
      over the lantern again.
      ~ Hear me, not for myself but for my people....that they may once more
      go back....and find the good road and the shielding tree. ~
      BLACK ELK
      "My friends, how desperately do we need to be loved and to love."
      --Chief Dan George, SKOKOMISH
      Oh my great Creator: Help me this day to love myself. I can't give away
      anything that I don't have myself. If I am to love others, then I must
      love myself. If I am to forgive others, then I am to forgive myself. If
      I am to accept others as they are then I need to accept myself as I am.
      If I am to not judge others, then I need to lighten up on myself. Let me
      experience this power of love...
      My Creator,
      today I will love myself
      so I can love my neighbor.