2524Daily Meditation~~~~~~~>

    May 11, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Sun, May 11, 2003, 10:48am To:
      [openfires] May 11 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      openfires@yahoogroups.com
      ¡Feliz Dia de las Madres!
      Happy Mother's Day!
      Most successful ventures have behind them some hardships. We as human
      beings, demand such experiences before we can truly appreciate the
      meaning of victory. No one promised that life would be son long gala
      event, but if we're made of durable stuff, we neither let it hinder us
      nor make us run roughshod to get ahead.
      We must always recognize past hardships for what they are. We cannot
      ignore them, fo they are a part of our makeup. But neither can we let
      them become crutches to lean upon when there's a need for an excuse.
      Bitterness over past experiences wastes valuable time. Perhaps it was
      those hardships that gave us the strength to rise above the mediocre
      things. However crude, ugly or unhappy, even when combined with all our
      other knowledge they form the perfect circle and play no more important
      part than all the rest.
      In the words of American poet John Neal, "No man ever worked his passage
      anywhere in a dead calm."
      May 11 - Daily Feast
      Honeybees that relied on early flowers in the garden can now feast all
      across the meadows. red clover, honey locust trees, and rose-colored
      Indian paintbrush abound in clusters to feed the bees and give peace to
      the eye. An evening chorus of field sparrows trills in the wheat field
      and a nesting killdeer demands privacy by doing her broken-wing act to
      sidetrack walkers. The whole meadow teems with activity until dusk - and
      then a silence pervades, only to be broken by the throaty voice of the
      tree toad. It is common knowledge among the Cherokee that every animal,
      except man, knows the main business of life is to enjoy it, and he, the
      Cherokee, sides with nature.
      ~ Seed time is here but your grounds have not been prepared for
      planting. Go back and plant the summer's crop. ~
      KEOKUK,  1832
      Elder's Meditation of the Day May 11
      "[The Old People] would gather words as they walked a sacred path across
      the Earth, leaving nothing behind but prayers and offerings."
      ---- Cleone Thunder, NORTHERN ARAPAHOE
      Whenever we walk on the Earth, we should pay attention to what is going
      on. Too often our minds are somewhere else, thinking about the past or
      thinking about the future. When we do this, we are missing important
      lessons. The Earth is a constant flow of lessons and learning,  which
      also include a constant flow of positive feelings. If we are aware as we
      walk, we will gather words for our lives, the lessons to help our
      children; we will gather feelings of interconnectedness and calmness.
      When we experience this, we should say or think thoughts of gratitude.
      When we do this, the next person to walk on the sacred path will benefit
      even more.
      My Creator,
      today,
      let me