2512Daily Meditation~~~>

    May 1 3:47 PM
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Thu, May 1, 2003, 8:15am To:
      [openfires] May 1 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      openfires@yahoogroups.com
      There's a song that says "....it ain't necessarily so," and it certainly
      isn't! How often we accept someone's casual remarks as fact. Even
      appearances can be misleading. But, knowing this, we still have a
      tendency to take a thread and build a yard cloth.
      It makes all the difference in the world when we believe. To simply
      accept an opinion, even our own when hastily formed indicates a lack of
      sound thought.
      We sometimes have the failing of believing everything we hear. But it is
      far wiser to know with certainty, the facts about a teaching by looking
      at its followers.
      The eyes and ears of our hearts and spirits are often more accurate in
      determining right from wrong than we can expect from normal hearing and
      seeing. However blessed we are to have our faculties, we are still in
      dire need of that sixth sense known as common sense.
      Only the very foolish can close their eyes to truth and accept without
      question the many issues of life that face us daily. Surely we must form
      opinions and carry on, but we need those who have the ability to think
      clearly and truthfully. All else is merely opinion.
      MAY
      Ana-sku'tee
      Planting Month
      We, the old settlers here in council with the late emigrants, they are
      perfectly friendly toward us.....we have full confidence they will
      receive you with all friendship.
      SEQUOYAH
      May 1 - Daily Feast
      A country road in May hums with activity. Bees comb the clover fields
      for nectar. Buttercups and dayflowers open to the sun and a mockingbird
      sets out to mimic every sound it has ever heard - even the baby chick.
      Wild onions and pink verbena share the space and the buttery blooms of
      buffalo peas nod in spring breezes. Only now the air has warmed to the
      sun and the plants and leaves of oaks grow so much overnight that the
      sky closes in like a cocoon. Now is the time to slow down and enjoy the
      minute changes as they come hourly, the scents, the roadsides filled
      with new plants, and the green hills and valleys. They come quickly, the
      di ga ne tli yv sdi, changes, that sometimes mature before we see the
      difference. If we are not careful, our clouded thought and vision shut
      it out until we have missed the best part.
      ~ This brings rest to me heart. I feel like a leaf after a storm, when
      the wind is still. ~
      PETALASHARO
      Elder's Meditation of the Day May 1
      "All living creatures and all plants derive their life from the sun. If
      it were not for the sun, there would be darkness and nothing could
      grow?the earth would be without life."
      --Okute, TETON SIOUX
      This is why we call the sun, Father Sun. Father Sun shines life on
      Mother Earth and from this Father and Mother all life forms exist and
      continue to reproduce. The Sun shines on all; it is not selective. We
      should not allow anything to block the Sun from shining on the Earth. We
      must not pollute the air because the pollutants block the light of life
      to the Earth. If the Earth cannot receive this light, then life will
      start to be affected. We must live in harmony with the Sun and Earth.
      Otherwise, we are harming ourselves.
      My Creator,
      give me
      the wisdom