2463Daily Meditation~~~~>

    Mar 31, 2003
      The setting of the sun on an old year is a kind of summing up time. What
      have you accomplished? What were your goals? Will they be higher in the
      new year?
      Whatever your personal plans and whatever the reasons back of them,
      there are common everyday kinds of people that should be kept in view.
      They have positive outlooks, and are best recognized when sincerely
      listening to a child's words.
      You will see them when they steady the elderly, you will know them by
      their kindnesses. You will not often hear their prayers as they are for
      their God. But you will know they are to be depended upon and that they
      will not tire of these things, for it is their natural role.
      Think about these people when you set your plans. They are good to
      remember. Your success or failure depends upon these people being you.
      March 31 - Daily Feast
      Be strong, be of good courage - so much we worry about will never
      happen. Put things in order, change what needs to be changed, but begin
      at once to count the wi tsa to li gi, the blessings that the Cherokee
      knows must be told again so we will not forget. Forget the past by which
      so much of life is marked. Painful things happen - and we take a little
      of all of it with us. This is a new day, i ga, a new time to be renewed.
      The more we let yesterday?s unhappiness slide away, the sooner we come
      into the fullness of the present. Sorrow will fade. The new hour will
      bring new experiences, new jobs to do, and even a few negatives may line
      up to be counted. Don't do it. We can begin at once to call for what we
      want. We will coax all the sweetness out of every hour and it will sing
      for us like a bird.
      ~ We can't go back. The bridge is gone. ~
      STRONG EYES
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - March 31
      "The old Lakota was wise. He knew that man's heart away from nature
      becomes hard; he knew the lack of respect for growing, living things
      soon led to a lack of respect for humans too. So he kept his youth close
      to its softening influence."
      --Luther Standing Bear, OGLALA SIOUX
      When we live in nature it's like constantly being in school. We are in
      an environment that is always teaching. We are constantly being reminded
      hat there are laws, Natural Laws, which are running the universe. Once
      we know these laws and we drift from them, we start to live our lives in
      a different way. Soon we become discontent, selfish and disrespectful.
      Then, we get in trouble. If our lives have become this way, it can be
      reversed by going back to nature to be among our teachers.
      Great Spirit,
      teach men,
      again, the
      Natural