2459Daily Meditation~~>

    Mar 29, 2003
      In this day of emphasis on right connections with the right people, in
      the right places, at the right time, we must have truly extraordinary
      qualities to become successes on our own.
      They who have worked hard and achieved success often carry a double
      burden by wrongful accusations of being privileged characters. Perhaps
      some to whom doors automatically open because of right connections seem
      to be privileged characters, but they, like dictators, have a limited
      Having connections may help us on the ladder of life, but it will never
      keep those rungs steady beneath our feet. Only our own greatness keeps
      us tall, sun-crowned. We must have something to give, something to offer
      before we can expect to be truly privileged characters. And then, we
      will have earned the right to our privileges. We are somewhat like God,
      blamed for much we don't do and seldom given credit for the good we have
      Whatever the future, the world still needs citizens like those J.G.
      Holland wrote about nearly a century ago: "God give us men. The times
      demand strong minds, great hearts, true faith, and willing
      hands.....Tall men, sun-crowned, who live above the fog, in public duty
      and in private thinking!"
      March 28 - Daily Feast
      Few sounds in nature are harsh. Even the rolling thunder that rumbles
      across the sky has solemn beauty. The wind makes whistles in the
      treetops and wild birds warble like rivulets of water that make harps
      among the shallows.  The frenzied crash and blare come from man. The
      woods comfort with their sounds. A tiny yellow warbler with black wings
      sits in the redbud tree and makes the sound of an astral flute, a clear
      call for peace and harmony. If the bird wants a tranquil place - how
      much more we need it. A wet-weather spring feeds the ground from
      beneath, giving ferns moisture and life. In the rainy season the water
      flows and the delicate fronds mingle with the water creating a swishing
      sound. Surely we can absorb the serenity to heal and soothe our souls.
      ~ Creator of the world, Maker of all men; Lord of lords, my eyes fail
      me.....for the sole desire to know thee. ~
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - March 28
      "Sacred sites and areas are protection for all people?the four colors
      for man?and these sites are in all areas of the earth in the four
      --Traditional Circle of Elders, NORTHERN CHEYENNE
      The Elders say that values come from the Mother Earth. Different places
      and areas around the Earth have different values. The Water people live
      in harmony and know the values that correspond to that particular part
      of the Earth. The Desert people know the values of the desert and
      respect and live in harmony with that part of the Earth. The Woodland
      people know the values of their part of the Earth and live in harmony.
      If you live in harmony with the Earth, you will live a life that is full
      of values. We should have great respect for the Mother Earth.
      today, let me
      learn values
      from Mother
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic