2379Daily Meditation~~>

    Feb 14, 2003
      Happy Birthday Leanne (mi hermana)!
      Available online! 'Cherokee Feast of Days Volume III' Permission to post
      her messages was graciously given to me by Joyce Sequichie Hifler.
      Courage must have its everyday face. We can't preserve it just for
      special occasions. We must have courage when we are disappointed,
      because disappointment is a robber of reason and faith, and even
      dignity. We must remember that whatever we have to meet there is
      something within us to help us meet it. But it is like a vein of rich
      ore. We must tap it, know what it is, and turn it into a finished
      product that will serve a purpose.
      Every day we must have courage to forgive. The adamant we shall always
      face, but to forgive is to disarm. To forgive is to release and to
      release is to remove the graceless things that make it necessary to
      forgive.
      A little common, everyday courage can give a life so much more to live
      for and to find contentment in the knowledge that today I did not give
      in to the smaller self. And I can draw on the strength from One who bore
      personal suffering with supreme courage.
      A comforting adage is that it is always darkest just before the dawn.
      The darkest of fear and worry and misunderstanding can last only so
      long, and then the light of dawn breaks through to show everything in
      its true perspective.
      To someone who is troubled, the darkness holds only the most frightening
      difficulties. This kind of night seems to have no end, but given a
      little time it will pass, as will our problems. The very fact that we
      are not alone should give some comfort, for no matter what we are
      experiencing someone else has been there too. We must not delude
      ourselves with notions that we are meant to be cross-bearers forever.
      And frequently, they are much better people who emerge from their own
      night to remember that it is as important to have faith in the dark as
      it is easy to have faith in the sunshine.
      February 13 - Daily Feast
      Once a person gets despair out of the way, few things can slow his
      progress. Despair is the dividing line between those who can take
      impossibility in stride and those who wilt at the first sign of
      opposition. Too much energy is absorbed in despair. Strength gives way
      to weakness and weakness robs us of the will to overcome. Anything that
      wastes energy should be left behind. Energy cuts doubt to the bone. When
      a word of power is spoken, new strength is generated. Power words are
      not just u wo du hi, pretty words, but strong words of courage that are
      heard in the ear and then in the heart where they stay to do a perfect
      work.
      ~ This is a serious time with you. May the Lord bring you out of all
      your troubles. Trust your course with Him. ~ CHIEF JOHN ROSS
      products from their website: http://www.whitebison.org Elder's
      Meditation of the Day - February 13 "I wanted to feel, smell, hear and
      see, but not see with my eyes and my mind only. I wanted to see with
      CANTE ISTA-the eye of the heart." --Lame Deer, LAKOTA
      Why is it what some people seem to have peace of mind every day? How do
      some people remain so darn positive? How do you stay positive if you
      work or live in a negative environment? How is it that two people can
      observe the same difficult situation, but one person is upset about it,
      and other isn't? Two people experiencing the same situation react
      entirely different. If each morning we ask the Creator to allow us to
      see with His understanding and with His love, we will open a new way of
      "seeing". This eye of the heart is a free gift given to us if we ask for
      it in prayer each day.
      Grandfather,
      allow me to see
      the world and