2261Daily Meditation~~~~~>

    Jan 1, 2003
      I don't know of anyone I'd rather see happy than you. Perhaps somewhere
      along the way you'll also find what causes it and maybe it will be
      something you can find within your heart to share with others....for
      only in sharing are we ever really happy.
      Just remember that it may well be where you least expect it. You may
      recognize it as something you're about to give away.....But don't worry,
      it will come back so many times; like love, it seeketh not its own but
      flies over us like angels. And when it finds a heart big enough to hold
      all the love it can supply it settles itself, wings and all, within the
      soul of that love.
      And then the world will be new. There will be sights you've never seen,
      yet they have been there all the time....there will be laughter from the
      heart.....and gratitude for all of life's privileges. There will be
      peace and contentment....and strength abounding to withstand all
      adversity.....and quiet acknowledgement of God. For without God, there
      could be none of these.
      JANUARY
      ONE
      So-Qua
      COLD MONTH
      Unu la ta nee'
      The Cherokee people stand upon new ground. Let us hope the clouds which
      overspread the land will be dispersed, and that we shall prosper as we
      have never done before.
      CHIEF JOHN ROSS - OCTOBER 9, 1861
      January 1 - Daily Feast
      If, like a Cherokee warrior, I can look at the new year as an
      opportunity to stand on new ground, then strength and courage are on my
      side. If I have waited a long time for everything to be perfect - and
      there have been moments, brief as they were, that filled my expectations
      - then I can face the challenges. I will remember that things do work
      out, bodies do heal, relationships mend - not because I said it, but
      because I believe it. But it is time to make things right, to stay on
      the path. As water runs fresh and free from the woodland spring, so new
      life and meaning will bubble up from my own inner source. I will be
      still and steady, because there is nothing to be gained by showing fear
      in a chaotic world. I can turn from ignorance and prejudice toward a
      light that never goes out.
      ~ The death of fear is in doing what you fear to do. ~
      SEQUICHIE COMINGDEER
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - January 1
      "?because if you believe in something, and believe in it long enough, it
      will come into being."
      --Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE
      We are created by the Great One to accomplish His will through our
      mental pictures or visions. Our thoughts are three dimensional: words,
      pictures and feelings. We create the vision by thinking the words and we
      create feeling for the vision by feeling enthusiasm, desire, commitment
      and other strong beliefs. Once we create the vision, we move toward and
      become like that which we think about. All visions are tested by our
      self talk; for example, "This isn't going to happen, where is the money
      coming from anyway?" When this happens, we need to let go of the test
      and focus on belief in the vision. Why? Because God said if we believe
      it long enough, He will guarantee it!!!
      Great One, let
      my beliefs be
      strong today.