2260Daily Meditation~~~~~>

    Dec 31, 2002
      Today I hear the laughter of children at play. Their voices filled the
      air almost like chimes. And I felt their arms about my neck and their
      sticky kisses on my face. How blessed I am! Today I heard a mockingbird
      trilling out every single song it every heard from its winged friends. I
      closed my eyes and in the trees I heard all the voices I've heard since
      childhood, and it took me through all the happy, breathless, precious
      times I loved so much.
      Today I heard my mother's voice calling to me happily. It was a good,
      strong, healthy voice that has called to me courage, and hope and peace,
      and shall continue to call down many lanes to me.
      Today I heard my child's voice. I heard her singing, I heard her
      praying, I heard her laughing and talking. I heard her teasing and
      moving from place to place in all the activities I love to see her in.
      Now, even more than ever I realize how grateful I am that God has given
      me the excellent faculty of hearing. I shall with all diligence try to
      hear nothing evil, but only love and peace which is my heritage.
      December 31 - Daily Feast
      A feast is a huge banquet of wonderful foods and wonderful friends to
      share it. It is a time when people honor people - and many memories are
      laid aside for this celebration. But another kind of feast is in the
      heart - at the core where life is decided. It is the human way to
      believe himself victim of many things, and he starves at his center. He
      worries excessively about who will take care of him and who will feed
      him and if he will survive at all. Never start a day without gratitude -
      without an inner singing of "Praise God from whom all blessings flow!"
      Never start a day being sour and hard to get along with. Never talk
      trouble nor give credence to those who do. Never give another person
      reason to be unhappy..... and remember, this is your day. This is a day
      of celebrating new life and purpose.
      ~ On the other side of the river there is plenty of buffalo. When we are
      poor we will tell you. ~
      'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - December 31
      "They must give themselves to Wakan' Tanka and live a spiritual life.
      They will have the peace that frees them from fear."
      --Frank Fools Crow, LAKOTA
      There are two wills available for us: self will and God's will. Our
      choice is: figure it out ourselves, or have the Creator involved in our
      lives. If we are honest with ourselves and look at past experiences,
      what are our lives like when we try to figure it out ourselves? Is there
      fear, confusion, frustration, anger, attacking others, conflict, fault
      finding, manipulation, teasing others, belittling others or devaluation?
      If these things are present, they indicate that we are choosing self
      will. What is it like if we turn our will over to the Creator? What are
      the results if we ask the Great Spirit to guide our life? Examples are:
      freedom, choices, consequences, love forgiveness, helping others,
      happiness, joy, solutions, and peace. Which will I choose today, self
      will or God's will?
      Creator, I know
      what my choice
      is. I want You