2190Daily Meditation~~~~>

    Nov 17, 2002
      Lie offers us a great deal of stormy weather. In the beginning we are
      quite strong about it, taking things in stride and moving confidently
      along. The things that test us seem to give us extra strength we didnt
      know belonged to us. And quite suddenly there is awareness that enough
      is enough. But life doesnt know it, and the storm goes on and so do we.
      Even though we are quite willing to give as long as we have to give,
      there seems to be no more stretch to the strength, either spiritually,
      mentally, or physically. We question how much longer, how many more
      times we shall be able to reach into our bag of reserves to borrow
      another ounce of strength.
      Of course, the first thing we must do is to take our minds off the thing
      as we do not want it, and begin to think steadily about how we do want
      it. It allows our creative minds to find the answers. It may mean we
      will have to wait awhile in the dark, but when the light comes, it is
      radiant.
      There are many things that stay our feet along the way, but faith that
      this too will pass can make that way serene.
      November 17 - Daily Feast
      Once we have been afraid of something it is never hard to be afraid of
      it again. The memory hangs in the back of the kind the way an insect can
      get caught in a swinging fragment of spider web. Although the same
      experience may not come again, even its possibility is terrorizing. Fear
      is our most common emotion. It is the magicians stick that stirs the
      bubbling brew of all our negative feelings. Somewhere in our growing up
      years we learned to hide our deepest fears but now and again we find
      them all over again. Action, doing something constructive, meets fear on
      the darkest path and does not flinch. We give life a quiet balance when
      we say to fear, You are not acceptable. I am in control and I choose
      freedom.
      ~ It behooves you to learn well what you are taught here. ~
      SITTING BULL - SIOUX
      'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - November 17
      "Humbleness means peace, honesty -- all mean Hopi. True, honest, perfect
      words -- that's what we call Hopi words. In all languages, not just in
      Hopi. We strive to be Hopi. We call ourselves Hopi because maybe one or
      two of us will become Hopi. Each person must look into their heart and
      make changes so that you may become Hopi when you reach your
      destination."
      --Percy Lomaquahu, HOPI
      The Creator has made available to us all the laws, principles and values
      which we need to know to live in harmony. The Creator also designed each
      human being to learn and grow by trail and error. We have tools to help
      us live the right way. We have prayers, visions, nature, teachers,
      Elders, and we have the Great Spirit to talk to and ask for help when we
      have problems. We also have choice. To walk the Red Road takes courage
      and a lot of prayer.
      Creator, give
      me courage to
      walk the Red