2121Daily Meditation~~~~~>

    Sep 30, 2002
      Available online! "Cherokee Feast of Days Volume III"
      "THINK on THESE THINGS"
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      The longest face and the saddest cry
      Always seem to come with the question why Why did you take what belonged
      to me?
      It has always been mine, or can't you see That you have no rights, no
      right to claim, And you did just that, you're to blame
      For all my unhappiness, all of my tears. Well, perhaps not all, part
      were my fears. And I suppose if I think I can also say
      That if I've lost anything, it's really the way That I treated the
      things that used to be mine. I saw clouds on the days where there was
      really sunshine, I turned often to darkness instead of the light. I saw
      all of the wrong, but never the right, And in all honesty I suppose I
      must say
      If I've lost anything, I gave it away.
      September 30 - Daily Feast
      Careless words and controversial thought can hang on the invisible like
      dust clouds and clog thinking and comprehension like the webs of
      cobbies. Personal space should be kept as clean as the plate you eat off
      of - and you should never open the door to heedless opinion. The
      atmosphere swarms with spoken words - and most are hostile and hardened
      by experience. If each of us could see with the naked eye our own
      personal words, even without the multitudes that belong to others, we
      would be appalled. The computer shows what is preserved on the internet,
      but think what people verbally send into the ethers - and every word
      frozen in time.
      ~ Black Hawk is a true Indian. He feels for his wife and children, his
      friends....they will suffer. He laments their fate. ~
      BLACK HAWK - SAC, Circa 1800
      'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      products from their website:
      http://www.whitebison.org
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 30
      "Don't be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts."
      --Don Talayesva, HOPI
      Human beings function from choice. We can choose to stuff things, or we
      can choose to let go of things. If we choose to stuff things, then we
      will feel a heaviness, or sorrow, self pity or fear. Sometimes we feel
      the need to cry. Sometimes we are taught it is not okay to cry. The
      creator designed the human being to cry. Crying is a release. This
      release allows us to let go of thoughts that are not helping us so we
      can open to new thoughts that will help. Crying is natural for women and
      men.
      Grandfather,
      if I need to cry,
      let me realize