2046Daily Meditation~~~~>

    Aug 31, 2002
      Now available online! "Cherokee Feast of Days Volume III"
      If you don't know what to do about a situation - wait awhile, the answer
      will come. If weariness overcomes you before you've completed a
      difficult job, wait awhile, you'll get your second wind.
      If you do not agree with someone else's philosophy, don't fret, perhaps
      later you will come to know that the same philosophy can be reached from
      many different directions.
      If you think the activities of another person or group are frivolous and
      unnecessary, wait a bit, they most likely will feel the same way about
      you sometime.
      If you don't like what others have to say, wait, they may clarify it -
      or you may change your mind.
      If life hasn't dished you unhappiness, wait a bit, if you've planted any
      happiness seeds, you will also reap.
      We can't always wait, but sometiems waiting is action, and action of the
      hardest kind. It is difficult to keep quiet when you have something to
      say, but it more often saves your face later and sometimes your life.
      August 31 - Daily Feast
      A person totally dominated by his emotions is little different from a
      piece of paper lifted and tossed by the wind. Everything centers around
      caution - don't do this, don't say that - or an emotional explosion can
      take place. None of us escapes emotional extremes. We have cried our
      hearts out and laughed hilariously in all the wrong places. We have
      known melancholy and ragged nerves. But most of us know how to stabilize
      our feelings. The unstable times are when someone feels he has a right
      to blow. Without sadness or happiness we could be deadly indifferent,
      but to be blown about with every emotion is a waste of human spirit.
      ~ May the Lord bring you out of all your troubles. Trust your course
      with Him. ~
      'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Inc., an American
      Indian-owned non-profit organization. Order their many products from
      their website:
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - August 31
      "Our Creator makes available to us all that we need. It is an honor to
      go out and gather it. We must remember to say 'Thank You.' It is
      honorable to give away, to show our gratitude... and to let the children
      see this."
      --Barney Bush, SHAWNEE
      So many times we forget to say "thank You" to the Creator. He made for
      us and abundant universe. He built the Mother Earth to reproduce plenty
      of everything. It is an honor to be a part of the Great Spirit's world.
      The Creator always gives us what we need. When we are given things, we
      should be willing to share it with others. Whenever we give to others,
      this makes us feel good inside. The more we give, the better we feel.
      The better we feel, the more we want to give. We need to teach this to
      our children. The children learn by our behavior.
      My Creator,
      thank you for
      today. Thank
      you for the sun.