1824Daily Meditation~~~~~~>

    Jul 11, 2002
      "THINK on THESE THINGS"
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      It is always amazing to hear someone scoff at the serious things.
      Perhaps they only scoff because they can't recognize anything really
      serious outside their own personal problems.... Or maybe they are just
      afraid to acknowledge anything they don't understand.
      Whatever it is that keeps people thinking in such a limited area adds to
      the residue of dullness in their minds. And until they can mature enough
      to believe in something worthwhile they continue to add layer after
      layer of residue to the mind.
      It is not surprising that some people believe themselves in possession
      of all knowledge to the point that they feel free to ridicule those who
      are still in the process of thinking things out. We can never truly
      judge another's reasoning. We can only see the results and with time it
      may be the person will break through that accumulation to wisdom and
      kindess that is so necessary in tolerating others' opinions and beliefs.
      Then will the residue diminish and there will be a renewal of the
      spirit.
      Good people sometimes tend to believe the goodness is by their own
      power. Bad people know they stand on thin ice and secretly wish for
      help. Stupid people throw themselves into riotous panic with complete
      abandonment to evil. Where is the gentleness and compassion and
      sweetness that is needed right now? It is in the hearts of those who
      know they cannot make it without spiritual strength, without keeping the
      laws, without knowing where the real Power exists. It is crucial to know
      which group appeals to us - and to make some decisions now.
      ~ It was you who sent out the first soldier, and we who sent out the
      second. ~
      TEN BEARS - COMANCHE
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler