1799Daily Meditation~~~~>

    Jul 1, 2002
      Permission graciously given by Joyce Sequichie Hifler.

      "THINK on THESE THINGS"
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      There comes a time when we have to turn a firm and deaf ear to those
      people who have no other intention than to disturb our peace of mind.
      There comes a time when we have to turn ourselves about in our very
      tracks and ignore the bitter complaining voice of experience.
      There comes a time when we have to get angry with ourselves for allowing
      bad to become worse when there is Someone bigger than we are who can
      handle everything.
      There comes a time when we have to make a decision and to be so firm
      that it leaves no doubt in our minds that we know what we must do - and
      then do it.
      There comes a time when we have to hear music and feel peace, or we have
      no foundation for living.
      There comes a time when we must learn to appreciate and be thankful or
      lose all that matters to us.
      There comes a time when we recognize the many faces of God as true
      blessings and give thanks.
      SEVEN
      Gul Kwa'Gi
      CORN IN TASSEL
      Tsa Lu Wa'nee
      It may be very small in your ears......and we entreat you to harken with
      attention; for we are able to speak of things which are to us very
      great.
      CORNPLANTER - SENECA NATION, 1790
      July 1 - Daily Feast
      Because we can't see the possibilty of something doesn't mean it doesn't
      exist.  We just don't see it and what we do not see we cannot
      understand. Grandmother used to say that someone "got the light" on
      something that had been muddled to them. They suddenly understood. Few
      of us suddenly understand because we are fighting the idea, trying to
      avoid believing something - only to have it become obvious. And
      Grandmother, El li si, added, "and when you get the light, watch it, and
      if it dims - it's not the truth."
      ~ Our title to our lands is placed beyond dispute. Our relations with
      the Confederate States is that of a Ward; theirs to us that a
      Protectorate with powers restricted. ~
      JOHN ROSS - CHEROKEE CHIEF,  1861
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      White Bison, Inc., an American Indian owned non-profit corporation,
      produces and distributes a variety of books including the "Elder's
      Meditations", video tapes, audio cassettes, t-shirts, mugs, kits, and
      posters. Order for yourself or a loved one here:
      http://www.whitebison.org
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - July 1
      "I'm an Indian, I'm one of God's children."
      --Mathew King, LAKOTA
      My Creator, today let me remember the reason I'm here on Mother Earth.
      Let me look into my own eyes and see the beauty You have created. Let me
      have good thoughts. Being Indian is not the color of my skin. Being
      Indian is to listen to my heart, to think only the  things You have
      taught, to watch nature and live in harmony. Being Indian is to walk in
      prayer, to talk to You constantly during the day. Being Indian is to act
      and to walk in a sacred way.

      Today, let me
      think in
      beauty, let me