1777Daily Meditation~~~~~~~>

    Jun 23, 2002
      Permission graciously given by Joyce Sequichie Hifler. Visit her website
      to purchase the wonderful books by Joyce as gifts for yourself or for
      loved ones......and also for those who don't have access to the
      internet: http://www.hifler.com
      "THINK on THESE THINGS"
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Sensibility is said to be neither good nor evil in itself, but in its
      application. Sometimes we just "out-sensible" ourselves. In the course
      of years we come to see the pattern of the truly sensible. What have we
      at this moment that really means anything? Does it give us happiness?
      Did it once seem most impractical? Was it worth fighting for?
      The intellectual strives for knowledge and in his absorption leaves the
      world but hardly leaves a vacancy. The materialistic must have
      everything at the price of peace, and their possessions decay but never
      their chaotic souls. And the insecure forfeit the most minute comforts
      to save for that rainy day. Happiness would have been greater and far
      more lasting if the fund had been smaller and used as an opportunity
      fund.
      The fine line of sensibility can be most elusive, but it seems to be
      more clearly seen when we relax and quit shoving to get there. If the
      place we desire is meant for us, it will come when we learn the way
      isn't always sharp and direct and by demand.
      June 23 - Daily Feast
      Our vitality does not go first - our interest goes. Dreams, one by one,
      that we let skip through our fingers, cannot be sustained and they
      drift. When that happens, what else is there? Like rare pieces of old
      delicate lace, we fold away our dreams in tissue and forget them.
      Without realizing it, we have put away our vitality as well. Vitality -
      life, strength, creativity. Priceless interest must be restored if we
      are to be strong and healthy and able to contribute to our own benefit
      as well as others.
      ~ All living creatures and all plants are a benefit to something. ~
      OKUTE - TETON SIOUX, 1911
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      White Bison, Inc., an American Indian owned non-profit corporation,
      produces and distributes a variety of books including the "Elder's
      Meditations", video tapes, audio cassettes, t-shirts, mugs, kits, and
      posters. Order for yourself or a loved one here:
      http://www.whitebison.org
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - June 23
      "He [Wakan Tanka] walks with us along the pathways of Life, and He can
      do for us what we could never do on our own."
      --Fools Crow, LAKOTA
      With the Creator in our lives, we are everything. Without the Creator,
      we are nothing. When the Creator is in our life, suddenly the impossible
      becomes possible. The extraordinary becomes ordinary. Things we thought
      could never happen start to happen. Talents we never know we had, start
      to blossom. Resources appear. Help arrives to give us guidance and
      direction. We become happy. We have peace of mind and confidence.
      Oh Great
      Spirit, today I
      want You in
      my life. The