1477Daily Meditation~~~~~~>

    Apr 2, 2002
      THINK on THESE THINGS
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Did you know that when we poke fun at someone else we're covering up our
      own embarrassment?
      We all have shortcomings, peculiarities about ourselves that we take no
      pride in nor want others to know about. So, frequently we call attention
      to the "different" traits of others. Sometimes we believe they are not
      aware of their own problems, but they are. They are superconscious of
      them, and because of it they must escape through finding something about
      someone else they believe is worse than their own.
      Truly wise persons are those who take their own unique qualities and
      build around them. Some of the most fascinating people are those who
      surround their unusual features with such exquisite mannerisms and
      beautifully developed personalities so handsomely as to make others
      ordinary.
      It has been written by Augustine, "This is the very perfection of man,
      to find out his own imperfection."
      April 2 - Daily Feast
      Most of our thought runs to what we do not have and to what we are not
      apt to get. Those are fear thoughts and reminders of how we let our
      minds get on the wrong path. But how can a person have faith in a world
      so out of focus? Don't self-sabotage. Don't become your own worst enemy.
      Don't stay ignorant, and do shed labels. Do think beyond the right to be
      a certain way. If something is destroying you, be smart and get rid of
      it. And remember that intellectual preaching is not worth dirt if we
      have failed to meditate on the right words.
      ~ The Comanche are not blind like the pups of the dog when seven sleeps
      old. ~
      TEN BEARS - COMANCHE
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - April 2
      "With children we always have to think about seven generations to come
      but yet unborn."
      --Janice Sundown Hattet, SENECA
      What we do today will effect the children seven generations form now.
      How we treat the Mother Earth will affect the children yet to be born.
      If we poison the water today, our children's children will be affected
      by the decision we made. Our children are the gateway to the future. Let
      us conscientiously think about the children and the seven generations to
      come.
      My Creator, I
      thank you for
      my ancestors,