shrouded figure

  • stinkygoddess@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2006

      Shrouded Figure
      by Lorrie

      When I was pregnant with my first child, I would have trouble sleeping at night because of the changes in my body. One night, after tossing and turning, I finally started to drift off to sleep. I was in a twilight sleep, when I realized that the room seemed to get brighter. I opened my eyes, expecting to see my husband near the bathroom area of our bedroom, but realized he was still sleeping, very soundly, next to me. As I started to scan the room, I realized that at the foot of my bed there was a figure standing at the foot of my bed. It looked as though someone was covered in a sheet, although I had no trouble seeing through this "person." I began to panic.

      My first thought was that I was seeing things, that my pregnancy had caused me to loose a few marbles, but things got worse. I began tapping my husband, to wake him up and get him to see what I was seeing. As he began to wake up, the figure at the end of the bed faded away, as I watched. My husband finally fully awoke, and I began explaining what I had seen. As I was talking, I continued to scan the room, looking for anything out of the ordinary. My husband began tapping my arm, saying, "Turn on the light." I didn't immediately get up, to turn the light on. Again, my husband began tapping my arm, almost violently, saying "Turn on the light!!"

      When I looked in the direction of my husband, I realized that the "figure" that had been standing at the foot of my bed, was now hovering over my husband in mid-air. My husband's eyes were fixed on this figure, and he was trying to push himself deeper into our mattress, trying to get away from the figure. I screamed, jumped out of bed, ran to the light and turned it on. As soon as the light was on, the figure was gone. My husband and I just looked at each other, asking if we really saw what we thought we saw. We ended up sleeping with the light on that night.