More Evidence of a Roswell Coverup?

  • AngelOfThyNight@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 7:25 AM
      More Evidence of a Roswell Coverup?
      30-Jun-2003

      Steven Aftergood of Secrecy News writes that on July 28, 1995, the General Accounting Office published a report on the Roswell Incident that said all the Roswell records had been destroyed. Now it's been discovered that the CIA has destroyed the budget records for that period in Roswell also. The records were demanded by New Mexico Congressman Stuart Schiff, now deceased. The report found that "some of the records concerning Roswell activities had been destroyed" and that "there was no information available regarding when or under what authority the records were destroyed."

      In fact, all of the activity records for the Roswell Army Air Force Base between 1947 and 1952 had been destroyed, in direct violation of the law. No reason for the destruction of the records was ever found.

      Now, it turns out that the CIA's budget records for the same period are missing. These budget reports would have revealed details of budgetary allocations, including possible allocations involving Roswell or other UFO-related activity. In response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit seeking declassification of the intelligence budget totals from 1947 and 1948, the Central Intelligence Agency says that it cannot find this information.

      "We are unable to locate a document containing, or a series of documents from which we may deduce, the aggregate U.S. intelligence budget figure for Fiscal Year 1947," wrote Kathryn I. Dyer, CIA Information and Privacy Coordinator, in a June 27 letter to the Federation of American Scientists.

      Likewise, "We are unable to locate a document containing, or a series of documents from which we may deduce, the aggregate U.S. intelligence budget figure for Fiscal Year 1948."

      There are a lot of religious fundamentalists in the FBI, CIA and military. Is this why this information is being kept secret?