RE: [ParanormalGhostSociety] death

  • Dale Olson
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
      Every situation is different ofcoarse but I often find that in these types of situations it is best to not be the ball or the hoop but be the backboard. If and when your friend needs you be there. Mostly just shut up and listen and when you need to respond make it short and let them keep on. An important thing to remember is that it is their or his family, his faith etc. If they are of a faith that is through the Prophet Abraham then a very comforting thing to write for him on a nice card would be   From God we all come and to God we all return. The family will appreciate it very much. Not everyones spirit becomes a hang around Ghost. Not every spirit makes or wants or needs to make contact. Don't make an issue out of anything. Peoples emotions will be on edge for a long time. Be a good backboard. When they need you be there.

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
        Rick, This is a very kind and thoughtful response. A young lady I work with recently lost her father. She and I had talked about how she would feel when he passed and I let her do the talking. My father passed 18 years ago and it is still hard sometimes. He will never get to meet my son and that hurts. Again thank you for the wonderful stories and pictures. Keep up the good work. Anna
      • AngelOfThyNight@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
          I did not make the response as god plays no influence over my life but the best thing you can do when someone dies is mourn so many are eager to seek out the dead but even the spirit takes time to heal trust me when i say this. But i am glad you enjoy the stories i been mixing it up alot lately getting out a variety of things.
          rick

          Rick, This is a very kind and thoughtful response. A young lady I work with recently lost her father. She and I had talked about how she would feel when he passed and I let her do the talking. My father passed 18 years ago and it is still hard sometimes. He will never get to meet my son and that hurts. Again thank you for the wonderful stories and pictures. Keep up the good work. Anna

        • Cassandra Dacus
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
            Iread your comments and I have to say that was the most sound advice I have heard given on th subject. What you said about faith is so true. It is the only thing that will get you through the darkest of times. Thanks for letting people know how to be a friend and just listen. The world needs more backboards.

            Dale Olson <nahianilmunkar@...> wrote:
[...]

            cats are like potato chips - you can never have just one!

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Catherine Dallas
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 2, 2005
              It is always hard when someone crosses over but you need to know that it isn't the end life is continuous and that the doorway to reformation is never closed against any soul here or hereafter. The physical body returns to dust but the soul is eternal and that is a beautiful thing. I am sure that your friends dad is around him and will not watch over him tell him to be aware and to trust feelings of his dads closeness./
              Cathy