Remembering Bath, 2006

  • Bernhard Vogl
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2007
      Visiting the 2006 Panotools Meeting, i also spent some days exploring
      the surroundings of Bath.
      Unfortunately i never really found the time to bring at least some of
      the panoramas online, so i decided to catch up with the ones i have
      stitched so far:
      http://dativ.at/uk2006/
      Hope you enjoy!

      BTW: For the geographers, there is also a Google map of the panoramas
      linked:
      http://tinyurl.com/2wh4xb

      Best regards
      Bernhard
    • dorindxn
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2007
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bernhard Vogl <bvogl@...> wrote:

        > Visiting the 2006 Panotools Meeting, i also spent some days exploring
        > the surroundings of Bath.
        > Unfortunately i never really found the time to bring at least some of
        > the panoramas online, so i decided to catch up with the ones i have
        > stitched so far:
        > http://dativ.at/uk2006/
        > Hope you enjoy!
        >
        > BTW: For the geographers, there is also a Google map of the panoramas
        > linked:
        > http://tinyurl.com/2wh4xb
        >
        > Best regards
        > Bernhard

        Hi Bernhard, I had a look on you very good panos from Bath series, them
        are again, very good, the only thing that keep me to say perfect is
        your and setup shadow visible on some and some lens flare which can be
        avoided by an extra shoot keeping the hand in front of the lens, then
        combine those shoots (and removing the flare).

        thanks for sharing,
        Dorin
      • Bernhard Vogl
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2007
          dorindxn schrieb:
          > Hi Bernhard, I had a look on you very good panos from Bath series, them
          > are again, very good, the only thing that keep me to say perfect is
          > your and setup shadow visible on some
          I like to include the shadow in the shots as it can give you a more
          "immerse feeling": imagine standing on the same spot - it would feel
          very spooky not to see your own shadow.
          But what i should do, is to remove tripod and the "photographer
          gesture". This is, because i'm mostly too lazy to do that ;-)
          > and some lens flare which can be
          > avoided by an extra shoot keeping the hand in front of the lens, then
          > combine those shoots (and removing the flare).

          This may help in many situations. I try to shoot directly into sunlight
          where applicable, so you often don't need an extra shot to avoid flares.
          Still, many situations have a more complicated pattern of lens
          reflections (like the inside shot in Wells,
          http://dativ.at/uk2006/birdcap.php?pano=20060807_wells5.htm ). Here, the
          best approach is, to de-saturate the flares to make them less apparent.

          Best regards
          Bernhard
        • Pat Swovelin
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4, 2007
            Bernhard Vogl wrote:
            > dorindxn schrieb:
            >> Hi Bernhard, I had a look on you very good panos from Bath series, them
            >> are again, very good, the only thing that keep me to say perfect is
            >> your and setup shadow visible on some
            > I like to include the shadow in the shots as it can give you a more
            > "immerse feeling": imagine standing on the same spot - it would feel
            > very spooky not to see your own shadow.
            > But what i should do, is to remove tripod and the "photographer
            > gesture". This is, because i'm mostly too lazy to do that ;-)
            >> and some lens flare which can be
            >> avoided by an extra shoot keeping the hand in front of the lens, then
            >> combine those shoots (and removing the flare).
            >>
            > This may help in many situations. I try to shoot directly into sunlight
            > where applicable, so you often don't need an extra shot to avoid flares.
            > Still, many situations have a more complicated pattern of lens
            > reflections (like the inside shot in Wells,
            > http://dativ.at/uk2006/birdcap.php?pano=20060807_wells5.htm ). Here, the
            > best approach is, to de-saturate the flares to make them less apparent.

            It worked because I can't find them. Where should I be looking?

            > Best regards
            > Bernhard

            Pat Swovelin
            Cool Guy @ Large
          • dorindxn
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 4, 2007
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bernhard Vogl <bvogl@...> wrote:

              > dorindxn schrieb:
              > > Hi Bernhard, I had a look on you very good panos from Bath series,
              them
              > > are again, very good, the only thing that keep me to say perfect is
              > > your and setup shadow visible on some
              > I like to include the shadow in the shots as it can give you a more
              > "immerse feeling": imagine standing on the same spot - it would feel
              > very spooky not to see your own shadow.

              but much more spooky is, I guess, having shadow but no legs/shoes,

              thanks for reply and for very good panos,
              Dorin
            • Bernhard Vogl
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 4, 2007
                > It worked because I can't find them. Where should I be looking
                They aren't that apparent because no direct sunlight is hitting the
                lens. You would "see" them (if they were still there) e.g. when looking
                to the right opposide side of the room. Some halos are left around the
                bulbs. Some patterns at the bottom of the nearest door look like typical
                lens flares but they aren't. :-)

                If you want to see something, you may look at this full HDR panorama
                which includes full sunlight DR and was shot directly into the sun
                (almost, i missed by a few degrees) resulting in very few lens flares:
                http://dativ.at/lightprobes/viewer.php?file=schoenbrunn-front.fjpg&bright=1600

                Best regards
                Bernhard