Re: Need help with setting image parameters for circular images

  • John Houghton
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "gobrien1911" <gary@...> wrote:
      > Crop circle is set identically for all images.
      >
      > I thought the sensor orientation might be the problem, so I changed
      > the roll in 90 degree increments. Doesn't seem to work.

      If you look on the Source Images tab, you should see all the image
      thumbnails in the same orientation. If any image is upside down, that
      may be evident by inspecting the positions of the crop circle, which
      has been set the same on all images. Often, the lens axis is not
      precisely aligned with the centre of the sensor. This leads to an off-
      centre image circle. When an image is upside down relative to the
      other images, the crop circle then won't align accurately with the
      image circle. This causes problems in optimization.

      > I have to confess I know how to push the buttons in PTGui, but I'm not
      > clear on what actually happens. When you say select individual lens
      > params for the cropped Z and N, do I need to change other params
      > beside pitch for those cropped frames?

      If you have different crop circles on the nadir/zenith, you must select
      individual lens parameters - i.e. fov,a,b,c,d,e. If you reduce the
      size of the crop circle, you decrease the fov of the (cropped) image.
      Assigning +90 to the pitch of the zenith image merely positions it at
      the top of the stitching sphere. It will appear to spread out across
      the top of the equirectangular output image. Varying yaw or roll
      values will rotate it in that position. Of course, assignment of
      control points and optimization will locate the zenith image in its
      correct position anyway.

      John