Re: [PanoToolsNG] I WANT THIS CAMERA!!

  • Pat Swovelin
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
      Kyle Goodnight wrote:
      > Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint
      > condition. I just cannot remember
      > how to use film!!

      That's the stuff with the holes in the sides, right? =8^)

      >> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp God,
      >> isn't it COOL!?!? :-O
      >> Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again?? I'd pay
      >> for it!!!!

      Pat Swovelin
      Cool Guy @ Large
    • dorindxn
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Kyle Goodnight <krgood@...> wrote:

        > Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint
        condition. I just cannot remember
        how to use film!!

        That explain the mint condition :-)
      • dorindxn
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...> wrote:

          > Kyle Goodnight wrote:
          > > Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint
          > > condition. I just cannot remember
          > > how to use film!!
          >
          > That's the stuff with the holes in the sides, right? =8^)

          You mean those cartidges, no wonder that the people tend do not use
          those, the pull thing is way too long, sometimes more than 1 metter or
          so, and one must pull real hard at the end to unseal and begin to use
          that, much better (and short) on modern tonner cartridges used today :-
          )
        • michael bajko
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
            So much choice!
            Here's some more classic cool cams ...
            http://www.bigshotz.co.nz/panorama_cameras.html
            and if your view is a little restricted try this ...
            http://www.bigshotz.co.nz/melvin_vaniman.html
            Cheers Michael
          • Pat Swovelin
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
              dorindxn wrote:
              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...> wrote:
              >> Kyle Goodnight wrote:
              >>> Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint
              >>> condition. I just cannot remember
              >>> how to use film!!
              >> That's the stuff with the holes in the sides, right? =8^)
              >>

              > You mean those cartidges, no wonder that the people tend do not use
              > those, the pull thing is way too long, sometimes more than 1 metter or
              > so, and one must pull real hard at the end to unseal and begin to use
              > that, much better (and short) on modern tonner cartridges used today :-)

              I would just cut it off so I didn't have to deal with throwing it
              away. =8^)

              Pat Swovelin
              Cool Guy @ Large
            • Mickael Therer
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 3, 2007
                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Luca Vascon <crimsonkingit@...> wrote:

                > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp
                > God, isn't it COOL!?!?
                > :-O
                > Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
                > I'd pay for it!!!!

                well, some are developing new concepts of digital backs for old bodies
                http://www.pbase.com/lulalake/image/75441913.jpg

                great setup for street photography

                -m