Re: [PanoToolsNG] Totally OT - Very impressive audio immersion

  • Milko Amorth
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2007
      Hi Flemming,

      > "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"
      > by Iron Butterfly.
      What a synergy, Flemming. Just when i finished writing this I thought of
      this very song! I looked it up on youtube.com and found lots of samples.

      Cheers, Milko

      --
      Milko Amorth
      360° Immersive Imaging
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2007
        Milko Amorth wrote:

        > No effects. Binaural stereo sound. 2 micro phones in each ear
        > of a dummy head, really.

        Milko is right. If you have lotsa money, get "Fritz" (Neuman KU100):

        <http://www.coutant.org/ku100.html>

        But I'm cheap, so I use tiny microphones clipped to the arms of my
        sunglasses next to my ears. Not as spatially 3D-accurate as "Fritz",
        but good enough for sounds located > 4m away.

        Back in the dark ages I used to use Coresound binaural mics:

        <http://www.core-sound.com/mics/1.php>

        ... good for loud stuff, but useless for natural recordings (poor
        self-noise characteristics).

        Consequently, about six years ago I made my own rig using a pair of DPA
        4060-BM miniature mics:

        <http://www.dpamicrophones.com/module.php?MID=101&itemid=4060-
        BM&PID=&function=pdescription>

        Much better noise-floor dB.

        Now that I am no longer doing VR and have a real job which pays real
        money..., I plan on eventually upgrading my sound rig to a fully
        solid-state 24-bit recorder and a pair of much better compact mics.

        Regds,

        Andrew N.
        <http://nemeng.com>
        Blue Mountains Australia