Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: I WANT THIS CAMERA!!

  • Luca Vascon
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
      ahemmm...
      I go on vacation with a Rolleiflex 2.8 F 1962...
      WHAT IS WRONG???
      :-)

      robert_harshman ha scritto:

      > > God, isn't it COOL!?!?
      > > :-O
      > > Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
      > > I'd pay for it!!!!
      >
      > Luca, you really need a girlfriend or wife to take you away from this
      > now and again. This camera reminds me of the 1950's vacation well
      > equipped tourist.
      >
      > It's OK, ...time to come back to 2007 :)
      >
      > We all have our desires.
      >
      > Robert

    • Kyle Goodnight
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
        Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint condition. I just cannot remember
        how to use film!!

        > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp God,
        > isn't it COOL!?!? :-O
        > Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again?? I'd pay
        > for it!!!!
        >

        > --
        > Wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org/
        >
        > Nabble (web) http://www.nabble.com/PanoToolsNG-f15658.html
        >
        > NG Member Map http://www.panomaps.com/ng/

        > Your email settings:
        > Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        > To change settings online go to:
        >
        > To change settings via email:
        > mailto:PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com mailto:PanoToolsNG-
        > fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: PanoToolsNG-
        > unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Pat Swovelin
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
          Kyle Goodnight wrote:
          > Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint
          > condition. I just cannot remember
          > how to use film!!

          That's the stuff with the holes in the sides, right? =8^)

          >> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp God,
          >> isn't it COOL!?!? :-O
          >> Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again?? I'd pay
          >> for it!!!!

          Pat Swovelin
          Cool Guy @ Large
        • dorindxn
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Kyle Goodnight <krgood@...> wrote:

            > Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint
            condition. I just cannot remember
            how to use film!!

            That explain the mint condition :-)
          • dorindxn
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...> wrote:

              > Kyle Goodnight wrote:
              > > Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint
              > > condition. I just cannot remember
              > > how to use film!!
              >
              > That's the stuff with the holes in the sides, right? =8^)

              You mean those cartidges, no wonder that the people tend do not use
              those, the pull thing is way too long, sometimes more than 1 metter or
              so, and one must pull real hard at the end to unseal and begin to use
              that, much better (and short) on modern tonner cartridges used today :-
              )
            • michael bajko
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
                So much choice!
                Here's some more classic cool cams ...
                http://www.bigshotz.co.nz/panorama_cameras.html
                and if your view is a little restricted try this ...
                http://www.bigshotz.co.nz/melvin_vaniman.html
                Cheers Michael
              • Pat Swovelin
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
                  dorindxn wrote:
                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...> wrote:
                  >> Kyle Goodnight wrote:
                  >>> Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint
                  >>> condition. I just cannot remember
                  >>> how to use film!!
                  >> That's the stuff with the holes in the sides, right? =8^)
                  >>

                  > You mean those cartidges, no wonder that the people tend do not use
                  > those, the pull thing is way too long, sometimes more than 1 metter or
                  > so, and one must pull real hard at the end to unseal and begin to use
                  > that, much better (and short) on modern tonner cartridges used today :-)

                  I would just cut it off so I didn't have to deal with throwing it
                  away. =8^)

                  Pat Swovelin
                  Cool Guy @ Large
                • Mickael Therer
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 3, 2007
                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Luca Vascon <crimsonkingit@...> wrote:

                    > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp
                    > God, isn't it COOL!?!?
                    > :-O
                    > Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
                    > I'd pay for it!!!!

                    well, some are developing new concepts of digital backs for old bodies
                    http://www.pbase.com/lulalake/image/75441913.jpg

                    great setup for street photography

                    -m