Re: [PanoToolsNG] I WANT THIS CAMERA!!

  • Bernhard Vogl
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
      Luca Vascon schrieb:
      > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp
      > God, isn't it COOL!?!?
      > :-O
      > Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
      > I'd pay for it!!!!

      I have an old Spotmatic (& ES II) at home, including a set of classic
      (classy!) lenses. I'd love to have such a camera with the same look,
      feel & functionality but with a digital sensor and i know there are a
      lot of people out there who would also love this camera.
      Why is - e.g. - Nikon still selling the FM10 at an extraordinary price
      if they wouldn't see a market for that camera?
      http://nikonimaging.com/global/products/filmcamera/slr/1995-1999/fm10/index.htm

      Best regards
      Bernhard
    • Luca Vascon
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
        :-(
        You are true, Pat!!!

        Pat Swovelin ha scritto:
        > Luca Vascon wrote:
        >
        >> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp
        >> God, isn't it COOL!?!?
        >>

        > Luca, it's way cool but you can't possibly have any room left on your
        > shelves.
        >

        >> :-O
        >> Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
        >> I'd pay for it!!!!
        >>

        > Pat Swovelin
        > Cool Guy @ Large

      • Luca Vascon
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
          Si lembras eu falo Portugués... Entao nao hà problema niuno.
          :-)

          Pajuaba Gmail ha scritto:
          > When I saw the subject I thought you were talking about this
          > one:<http://www.antenando.com.br/tecnologia/arquivo/camera-conceito-nikon-coolpix-360-para-fotos-panoramicas>
          > (sorry, in portuguese - but certainly there is another article in
          > english about it).
          > But yes, the Pentax is a jewel.
          > Regards,
          > Rodolpho Pajuaba
          >
          > Luca Vascon escreveu:
          >
          >> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp
          >> God, isn't it COOL!?!?
          >> :-O
          >> Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
          >> I'd pay for it!!!!

        • Luca Vascon
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
            ahemmm...
            I go on vacation with a Rolleiflex 2.8 F 1962...
            WHAT IS WRONG???
            :-)

            robert_harshman ha scritto:

            > > God, isn't it COOL!?!?
            > > :-O
            > > Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
            > > I'd pay for it!!!!
            >
            > Luca, you really need a girlfriend or wife to take you away from this
            > now and again. This camera reminds me of the 1950's vacation well
            > equipped tourist.
            >
            > It's OK, ...time to come back to 2007 :)
            >
            > We all have our desires.
            >
            > Robert

          • Kyle Goodnight
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
              Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint condition. I just cannot remember
              how to use film!!

              > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp God,
              > isn't it COOL!?!? :-O
              > Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again?? I'd pay
              > for it!!!!
              >

              > --
              > Wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org/
              >
              > Nabble (web) http://www.nabble.com/PanoToolsNG-f15658.html
              >
              > NG Member Map http://www.panomaps.com/ng/

              > Your email settings:
              > Individual Email | Traditional
              >
              > To change settings online go to:
              >
              > To change settings via email:
              > mailto:PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com mailto:PanoToolsNG-
              > fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
              >
              > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: PanoToolsNG-
              > unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • Pat Swovelin
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
                Kyle Goodnight wrote:
                > Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint
                > condition. I just cannot remember
                > how to use film!!

                That's the stuff with the holes in the sides, right? =8^)

                >> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp God,
                >> isn't it COOL!?!? :-O
                >> Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again?? I'd pay
                >> for it!!!!

                Pat Swovelin
                Cool Guy @ Large
              • dorindxn
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Kyle Goodnight <krgood@...> wrote:

                  > Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint
                  condition. I just cannot remember
                  how to use film!!

                  That explain the mint condition :-)
                • dorindxn
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...> wrote:

                    > Kyle Goodnight wrote:
                    > > Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint
                    > > condition. I just cannot remember
                    > > how to use film!!
                    >
                    > That's the stuff with the holes in the sides, right? =8^)

                    You mean those cartidges, no wonder that the people tend do not use
                    those, the pull thing is way too long, sometimes more than 1 metter or
                    so, and one must pull real hard at the end to unseal and begin to use
                    that, much better (and short) on modern tonner cartridges used today :-
                    )
                  • michael bajko
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
                      So much choice!
                      Here's some more classic cool cams ...
                      http://www.bigshotz.co.nz/panorama_cameras.html
                      and if your view is a little restricted try this ...
                      http://www.bigshotz.co.nz/melvin_vaniman.html
                      Cheers Michael
                    • Pat Swovelin
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
                        dorindxn wrote:
                        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...> wrote:
                        >> Kyle Goodnight wrote:
                        >>> Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint
                        >>> condition. I just cannot remember
                        >>> how to use film!!
                        >> That's the stuff with the holes in the sides, right? =8^)
                        >>

                        > You mean those cartidges, no wonder that the people tend do not use
                        > those, the pull thing is way too long, sometimes more than 1 metter or
                        > so, and one must pull real hard at the end to unseal and begin to use
                        > that, much better (and short) on modern tonner cartridges used today :-)

                        I would just cut it off so I didn't have to deal with throwing it
                        away. =8^)

                        Pat Swovelin
                        Cool Guy @ Large
                      • Mickael Therer
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jun 3, 2007
                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Luca Vascon <crimsonkingit@...> wrote:

                          > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp
                          > God, isn't it COOL!?!?
                          > :-O
                          > Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
                          > I'd pay for it!!!!

                          well, some are developing new concepts of digital backs for old bodies
                          http://www.pbase.com/lulalake/image/75441913.jpg

                          great setup for street photography

                          -m