Re: I WANT THIS CAMERA!!

  • robert_harshman
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 1 8:14 PM
      > God, isn't it COOL!?!?
      > :-O
      > Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
      > I'd pay for it!!!!

      Luca, you really need a girlfriend or wife to take you away from this
      now and again. This camera reminds me of the 1950's vacation well
      equipped tourist.

      It's OK, ...time to come back to 2007 :)

      We all have our desires.

      Robert
    • Bernhard Vogl
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 2 1:37 AM
        Luca Vascon schrieb:
        > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp
        > God, isn't it COOL!?!?
        > :-O
        > Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
        > I'd pay for it!!!!

        I have an old Spotmatic (& ES II) at home, including a set of classic
        (classy!) lenses. I'd love to have such a camera with the same look,
        feel & functionality but with a digital sensor and i know there are a
        lot of people out there who would also love this camera.
        Why is - e.g. - Nikon still selling the FM10 at an extraordinary price
        if they wouldn't see a market for that camera?
        http://nikonimaging.com/global/products/filmcamera/slr/1995-1999/fm10/index.htm

        Best regards
        Bernhard
      • Luca Vascon
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 2 2:47 AM
          :-(
          You are true, Pat!!!

          Pat Swovelin ha scritto:
          > Luca Vascon wrote:
          >
          >> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp
          >> God, isn't it COOL!?!?
          >>

          > Luca, it's way cool but you can't possibly have any room left on your
          > shelves.
          >

          >> :-O
          >> Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
          >> I'd pay for it!!!!
          >>

          > Pat Swovelin
          > Cool Guy @ Large

        • Luca Vascon
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 2 2:51 AM
            Si lembras eu falo Portugués... Entao nao hà problema niuno.
            :-)

            Pajuaba Gmail ha scritto:
            > When I saw the subject I thought you were talking about this
            > one:<http://www.antenando.com.br/tecnologia/arquivo/camera-conceito-nikon-coolpix-360-para-fotos-panoramicas>
            > (sorry, in portuguese - but certainly there is another article in
            > english about it).
            > But yes, the Pentax is a jewel.
            > Regards,
            > Rodolpho Pajuaba
            >
            > Luca Vascon escreveu:
            >
            >> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp
            >> God, isn't it COOL!?!?
            >> :-O
            >> Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
            >> I'd pay for it!!!!

          • Luca Vascon
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 2 3:06 AM
              ahemmm...
              I go on vacation with a Rolleiflex 2.8 F 1962...
              WHAT IS WRONG???
              :-)

              robert_harshman ha scritto:

              > > God, isn't it COOL!?!?
              > > :-O
              > > Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
              > > I'd pay for it!!!!
              >
              > Luca, you really need a girlfriend or wife to take you away from this
              > now and again. This camera reminds me of the 1950's vacation well
              > equipped tourist.
              >
              > It's OK, ...time to come back to 2007 :)
              >
              > We all have our desires.
              >
              > Robert

            • Kyle Goodnight
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 2 5:24 AM
                Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint condition. I just cannot remember
                how to use film!!

                > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp God,
                > isn't it COOL!?!? :-O
                > Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again?? I'd pay
                > for it!!!!
                >

                > --
                > Wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org/
                >
                > Nabble (web) http://www.nabble.com/PanoToolsNG-f15658.html
                >
                > NG Member Map http://www.panomaps.com/ng/

                > Your email settings:
                > Individual Email | Traditional
                >
                > To change settings online go to:
                >
                > To change settings via email:
                > mailto:PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com mailto:PanoToolsNG-
                > fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
                >
                > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: PanoToolsNG-
                > unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              • Pat Swovelin
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 2 9:14 AM
                  Kyle Goodnight wrote:
                  > Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint
                  > condition. I just cannot remember
                  > how to use film!!

                  That's the stuff with the holes in the sides, right? =8^)

                  >> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp God,
                  >> isn't it COOL!?!? :-O
                  >> Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again?? I'd pay
                  >> for it!!!!

                  Pat Swovelin
                  Cool Guy @ Large
                • dorindxn
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 2 9:42 AM
                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Kyle Goodnight <krgood@...> wrote:

                    > Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint
                    condition. I just cannot remember
                    how to use film!!

                    That explain the mint condition :-)
                  • dorindxn
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 2 11:29 AM
                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...> wrote:

                      > Kyle Goodnight wrote:
                      > > Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint
                      > > condition. I just cannot remember
                      > > how to use film!!
                      >
                      > That's the stuff with the holes in the sides, right? =8^)

                      You mean those cartidges, no wonder that the people tend do not use
                      those, the pull thing is way too long, sometimes more than 1 metter or
                      so, and one must pull real hard at the end to unseal and begin to use
                      that, much better (and short) on modern tonner cartridges used today :-
                      )
                    • michael bajko
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 2 12:07 PM
                        So much choice!
                        Here's some more classic cool cams ...
                        http://www.bigshotz.co.nz/panorama_cameras.html
                        and if your view is a little restricted try this ...
                        http://www.bigshotz.co.nz/melvin_vaniman.html
                        Cheers Michael
                      • Pat Swovelin
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jun 2 12:33 PM
                          dorindxn wrote:
                          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...> wrote:
                          >> Kyle Goodnight wrote:
                          >>> Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint
                          >>> condition. I just cannot remember
                          >>> how to use film!!
                          >> That's the stuff with the holes in the sides, right? =8^)
                          >>

                          > You mean those cartidges, no wonder that the people tend do not use
                          > those, the pull thing is way too long, sometimes more than 1 metter or
                          > so, and one must pull real hard at the end to unseal and begin to use
                          > that, much better (and short) on modern tonner cartridges used today :-)

                          I would just cut it off so I didn't have to deal with throwing it
                          away. =8^)

                          Pat Swovelin
                          Cool Guy @ Large
                        • Mickael Therer
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jun 3 4:42 AM
                            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Luca Vascon <crimsonkingit@...> wrote:

                            > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp
                            > God, isn't it COOL!?!?
                            > :-O
                            > Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
                            > I'd pay for it!!!!

                            well, some are developing new concepts of digital backs for old bodies
                            http://www.pbase.com/lulalake/image/75441913.jpg

                            great setup for street photography

                            -m