Re: [PanoToolsNG] I WANT THIS CAMERA!!

  • Pajuaba Gmail
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 1, 2007
      When I saw the subject I thought you were talking about this
      one:<http://www.antenando.com.br/tecnologia/arquivo/camera-conceito-nikon-coolpix-360-para-fotos-panoramicas>
      (sorry, in portuguese - but certainly there is another article in
      english about it).
      But yes, the Pentax is a jewel.
      Regards,
      Rodolpho Pajuaba

      Luca Vascon escreveu:
      > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp
      > God, isn't it COOL!?!?
      > :-O
      > Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
      > I'd pay for it!!!!

    • Pat Swovelin
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 1, 2007
        Luca Vascon wrote:
        > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp
        > God, isn't it COOL!?!?

        Luca, it's way cool but you can't possibly have any room left on your
        shelves.

        > :-O
        > Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
        > I'd pay for it!!!!

        Pat Swovelin
        Cool Guy @ Large
      • robert_harshman
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 1, 2007
          > God, isn't it COOL!?!?
          > :-O
          > Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
          > I'd pay for it!!!!

          Luca, you really need a girlfriend or wife to take you away from this
          now and again. This camera reminds me of the 1950's vacation well
          equipped tourist.

          It's OK, ...time to come back to 2007 :)

          We all have our desires.

          Robert
        • Bernhard Vogl
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
            Luca Vascon schrieb:
            > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp
            > God, isn't it COOL!?!?
            > :-O
            > Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
            > I'd pay for it!!!!

            I have an old Spotmatic (& ES II) at home, including a set of classic
            (classy!) lenses. I'd love to have such a camera with the same look,
            feel & functionality but with a digital sensor and i know there are a
            lot of people out there who would also love this camera.
            Why is - e.g. - Nikon still selling the FM10 at an extraordinary price
            if they wouldn't see a market for that camera?
            http://nikonimaging.com/global/products/filmcamera/slr/1995-1999/fm10/index.htm

            Best regards
            Bernhard
          • Luca Vascon
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
              :-(
              You are true, Pat!!!

              Pat Swovelin ha scritto:
              > Luca Vascon wrote:
              >
              >> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp
              >> God, isn't it COOL!?!?
              >>

              > Luca, it's way cool but you can't possibly have any room left on your
              > shelves.
              >

              >> :-O
              >> Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
              >> I'd pay for it!!!!
              >>

              > Pat Swovelin
              > Cool Guy @ Large

            • Luca Vascon
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
                Si lembras eu falo Portugués... Entao nao hà problema niuno.
                :-)

                Pajuaba Gmail ha scritto:
                > When I saw the subject I thought you were talking about this
                > one:<http://www.antenando.com.br/tecnologia/arquivo/camera-conceito-nikon-coolpix-360-para-fotos-panoramicas>
                > (sorry, in portuguese - but certainly there is another article in
                > english about it).
                > But yes, the Pentax is a jewel.
                > Regards,
                > Rodolpho Pajuaba
                >
                > Luca Vascon escreveu:
                >
                >> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp
                >> God, isn't it COOL!?!?
                >> :-O
                >> Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
                >> I'd pay for it!!!!

              • Luca Vascon
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
                  ahemmm...
                  I go on vacation with a Rolleiflex 2.8 F 1962...
                  WHAT IS WRONG???
                  :-)

                  robert_harshman ha scritto:

                  > > God, isn't it COOL!?!?
                  > > :-O
                  > > Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
                  > > I'd pay for it!!!!
                  >
                  > Luca, you really need a girlfriend or wife to take you away from this
                  > now and again. This camera reminds me of the 1950's vacation well
                  > equipped tourist.
                  >
                  > It's OK, ...time to come back to 2007 :)
                  >
                  > We all have our desires.
                  >
                  > Robert

                • Kyle Goodnight
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
                    Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint condition. I just cannot remember
                    how to use film!!

                    > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp God,
                    > isn't it COOL!?!? :-O
                    > Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again?? I'd pay
                    > for it!!!!
                    >

                    > --
                    > Wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org/
                    >
                    > Nabble (web) http://www.nabble.com/PanoToolsNG-f15658.html
                    >
                    > NG Member Map http://www.panomaps.com/ng/

                    > Your email settings:
                    > Individual Email | Traditional
                    >
                    > To change settings online go to:
                    >
                    > To change settings via email:
                    > mailto:PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com mailto:PanoToolsNG-
                    > fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
                    >
                    > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: PanoToolsNG-
                    > unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

                    > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                  • Pat Swovelin
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
                      Kyle Goodnight wrote:
                      > Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint
                      > condition. I just cannot remember
                      > how to use film!!

                      That's the stuff with the holes in the sides, right? =8^)

                      >> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp God,
                      >> isn't it COOL!?!? :-O
                      >> Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again?? I'd pay
                      >> for it!!!!

                      Pat Swovelin
                      Cool Guy @ Large
                    • dorindxn
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Kyle Goodnight <krgood@...> wrote:

                        > Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint
                        condition. I just cannot remember
                        how to use film!!

                        That explain the mint condition :-)
                      • dorindxn
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...> wrote:

                          > Kyle Goodnight wrote:
                          > > Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint
                          > > condition. I just cannot remember
                          > > how to use film!!
                          >
                          > That's the stuff with the holes in the sides, right? =8^)

                          You mean those cartidges, no wonder that the people tend do not use
                          those, the pull thing is way too long, sometimes more than 1 metter or
                          so, and one must pull real hard at the end to unseal and begin to use
                          that, much better (and short) on modern tonner cartridges used today :-
                          )
                        • michael bajko
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
                            So much choice!
                            Here's some more classic cool cams ...
                            http://www.bigshotz.co.nz/panorama_cameras.html
                            and if your view is a little restricted try this ...
                            http://www.bigshotz.co.nz/melvin_vaniman.html
                            Cheers Michael
                          • Pat Swovelin
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
                              dorindxn wrote:
                              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...> wrote:
                              >> Kyle Goodnight wrote:
                              >>> Remember the Minolta SRT101?? I still have mine which is in mint
                              >>> condition. I just cannot remember
                              >>> how to use film!!
                              >> That's the stuff with the holes in the sides, right? =8^)
                              >>

                              > You mean those cartidges, no wonder that the people tend do not use
                              > those, the pull thing is way too long, sometimes more than 1 metter or
                              > so, and one must pull real hard at the end to unseal and begin to use
                              > that, much better (and short) on modern tonner cartridges used today :-)

                              I would just cut it off so I didn't have to deal with throwing it
                              away. =8^)

                              Pat Swovelin
                              Cool Guy @ Large
                            • Mickael Therer
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jun 3, 2007
                                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Luca Vascon <crimsonkingit@...> wrote:

                                > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07060101pentax50thdslr.asp
                                > God, isn't it COOL!?!?
                                > :-O
                                > Really Beautyful, Why don't they DO them like that again??
                                > I'd pay for it!!!!

                                well, some are developing new concepts of digital backs for old bodies
                                http://www.pbase.com/lulalake/image/75441913.jpg

                                great setup for street photography

                                -m