Re: PTViewer scripting problem using JRE 6.0 or above

  • davidkammerling
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
      Hi Fulvio

      Thanks for taking the time to check my post.

      If you are saying that you cannot see a panorama at all, it may be a
      browser issue. To keep the code as simple as possibly, I only
      included the code for Internet Explorer (tested on Windows).

      Here is a version for other browsers that I have tested on Firefox
      and Netscape on Windows...
      http://87.194.33.114/tests/ptvwait/test_other.htm

      Sorry, I probably should have included it in my original post.

      Does this help?

      Whichever browser I use, I get the same "wait" image problem.

      Dave

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Fulvio Senore <mailing@...> wrote:

      > Your page is not using PTViewer at all.
      >
      > Fulvio Senore
      >
      > davidkammerling ha scritto:
      > > Hi
      > >
      > > I hope someone can help me.
      > >
      > > The page below contains PTViewer with 3 panos linked by hotspots.
      > > am using Fulvio Senore's ptviewer version 2.8.
      > >
      > > http://87.194.33.114/tests/ptvwait/default.htm
      > >
      > > (in this case, for simplicity, I have kept the object code on the
      > > html page rather than using an external js file, and have only
      used
      > > Internet Explorer object code)
      > >
      > > To move between panos, you can either use the hotspots, the
      dropdown
      > > box or the buttons. All three panos have a "wait" image.
      > >
      > > I'm having a problem that occurs only when a web visitor has Java
      > > Runtime 6.0 or higher. Below 6.0 and there is no problem.
      > >
      > > >From 6.0 and up, if a web visitor uses the dropdown, or one of
      the
      > > buttons, the wait image either completely fails to appear, or
      worse,
      > > only a portion of it appears. If they use one of the hotspots
      there
      > > doesn't seem to be a problem.
      > >
      > > Whichever navigation method you choose, the new pano is started
      by
      > > Javascript using the following code:
      > >
      > > function ChangePano(x)
      > > {document.getElementById("ptvplayer").newPanoFromList(x);}
      > >
      > > The part of the ptviewer code for what to do when a hotspot is
      > > clicked looks like:
      > >
      > > u'javascript:ChangePano(1)'
      > >

      > > So, to summarise, even though all 3 navigation methods use the
      same
      > > Javascript code, in Java 6.0 and up clicking a hotspot causes no
      > > problems, but using the dropdown or buttons causes problems with
      > > the "wait" image. Below 6.0 and all 3 navigation methods cause no
      > > issues with the "wait" image.
      > >
      > > Has anyone got any ideas of what is going on, or any suggestions
      of
      > > any modifications that I could use that will get round this
      problem?

      > > Thanks
      > >
      > > Dave

    • Fulvio Senore
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
        No, I looked at the html code and your page was not using ptviewer. Now
        you have changed it, but the html still looks very strange. You can try
        using a more "normal" code, with the <applet> tag.

      • davidkammerling
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2007
          Hi Fulvio

          Sorry for the confusion. The code looks different as I was trying to
          use XHTML compliant methods of embedding the applet.

          But here is a version using the old style <applet></applet> method...

          http://87.194.33.114/tests/ptvwait/test_applet.htm

          This code still produces the same "wait" image problem.

          Any ideas?

        • Fulvio Senore
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 3, 2007
            I tested your page and the wait image worked well using the combo, the
            buttons or the hotspots.
            I can see it completely and I see the progress bar.

            Windows XP, IE7 or Firefox, Java Plug-in 1.6.0_01.