Re: [PanoToolsNG] new TED video posted about Photosynth

  • Serge Maandag (yahoo)
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007
      > Many of you will be interested in this new 7 minute online video.
      > http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/129

      It's a panorama viewer on steroids. I like it a lot.
      They even offer a firefox plugin and it's smooth as can be.

      They must have had a really smart approach on streaming imagery.

      It does not give the same experience as a panorama viewer imho. A panorama
      viewer can give you a real immersive feeling (provided your display is big
      enough). The type of viewing of this viewer makes you much more eager to
      start exploring a scene.

      A thing it misses is an indication of the quality of a view. After zooming
      in a few times in vain you might give up trying quickly.

      serge.