Re: [PanoToolsNG] PTViewer scripting problem using JRE 6.0 or above

  • Fulvio Senore
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31 11:20 PM
      Your page is not using PTViewer at all.

      Fulvio Senore

      davidkammerling ha scritto:
      > Hi
      >
      > I hope someone can help me.
      >
      > The page below contains PTViewer with 3 panos linked by hotspots. I
      > am using Fulvio Senore's ptviewer version 2.8.
      >
      > http://87.194.33.114/tests/ptvwait/default.htm
      >
      > (in this case, for simplicity, I have kept the object code on the
      > html page rather than using an external js file, and have only used
      > Internet Explorer object code)
      >
      > To move between panos, you can either use the hotspots, the dropdown
      > box or the buttons. All three panos have a "wait" image.
      >
      > I'm having a problem that occurs only when a web visitor has Java
      > Runtime 6.0 or higher. Below 6.0 and there is no problem.
      >
      > >From 6.0 and up, if a web visitor uses the dropdown, or one of the
      > buttons, the wait image either completely fails to appear, or worse,
      > only a portion of it appears. If they use one of the hotspots there
      > doesn't seem to be a problem.
      >
      > Whichever navigation method you choose, the new pano is started by
      > Javascript using the following code:
      >
      > function ChangePano(x)
      > {document.getElementById("ptvplayer").newPanoFromList(x);}
      >
      > The part of the ptviewer code for what to do when a hotspot is
      > clicked looks like:
      >
      > u'javascript:ChangePano(1)'
      >

      > So, to summarise, even though all 3 navigation methods use the same
      > Javascript code, in Java 6.0 and up clicking a hotspot causes no
      > problems, but using the dropdown or buttons causes problems with
      > the "wait" image. Below 6.0 and all 3 navigation methods cause no
      > issues with the "wait" image.
      >
      > Has anyone got any ideas of what is going on, or any suggestions of
      > any modifications that I could use that will get round this problem?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Dave

    • davidkammerling
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
        Hi Fulvio

        Thanks for taking the time to check my post.

        If you are saying that you cannot see a panorama at all, it may be a
        browser issue. To keep the code as simple as possibly, I only
        included the code for Internet Explorer (tested on Windows).

        Here is a version for other browsers that I have tested on Firefox
        and Netscape on Windows...
        http://87.194.33.114/tests/ptvwait/test_other.htm

        Sorry, I probably should have included it in my original post.

        Does this help?

        Whichever browser I use, I get the same "wait" image problem.

        Dave

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Fulvio Senore <mailing@...> wrote:

        > Your page is not using PTViewer at all.
        >
        > Fulvio Senore
        >
        > davidkammerling ha scritto:
        > > Hi
        > >
        > > I hope someone can help me.
        > >
        > > The page below contains PTViewer with 3 panos linked by hotspots.
        > > am using Fulvio Senore's ptviewer version 2.8.
        > >
        > > http://87.194.33.114/tests/ptvwait/default.htm
        > >
        > > (in this case, for simplicity, I have kept the object code on the
        > > html page rather than using an external js file, and have only
        used
        > > Internet Explorer object code)
        > >
        > > To move between panos, you can either use the hotspots, the
        dropdown
        > > box or the buttons. All three panos have a "wait" image.
        > >
        > > I'm having a problem that occurs only when a web visitor has Java
        > > Runtime 6.0 or higher. Below 6.0 and there is no problem.
        > >
        > > >From 6.0 and up, if a web visitor uses the dropdown, or one of
        the
        > > buttons, the wait image either completely fails to appear, or
        worse,
        > > only a portion of it appears. If they use one of the hotspots
        there
        > > doesn't seem to be a problem.
        > >
        > > Whichever navigation method you choose, the new pano is started
        by
        > > Javascript using the following code:
        > >
        > > function ChangePano(x)
        > > {document.getElementById("ptvplayer").newPanoFromList(x);}
        > >
        > > The part of the ptviewer code for what to do when a hotspot is
        > > clicked looks like:
        > >
        > > u'javascript:ChangePano(1)'
        > >

        > > So, to summarise, even though all 3 navigation methods use the
        same
        > > Javascript code, in Java 6.0 and up clicking a hotspot causes no
        > > problems, but using the dropdown or buttons causes problems with
        > > the "wait" image. Below 6.0 and all 3 navigation methods cause no
        > > issues with the "wait" image.
        > >
        > > Has anyone got any ideas of what is going on, or any suggestions
        of
        > > any modifications that I could use that will get round this
        problem?

        > > Thanks
        > >
        > > Dave

      • Fulvio Senore
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
          No, I looked at the html code and your page was not using ptviewer. Now
          you have changed it, but the html still looks very strange. You can try
          using a more "normal" code, with the <applet> tag.

        • davidkammerling
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2007
            Hi Fulvio

            Sorry for the confusion. The code looks different as I was trying to
            use XHTML compliant methods of embedding the applet.

            But here is a version using the old style <applet></applet> method...

            http://87.194.33.114/tests/ptvwait/test_applet.htm

            This code still produces the same "wait" image problem.

            Any ideas?

          • Fulvio Senore
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 3, 2007
              I tested your page and the wait image worked well using the combo, the
              buttons or the hotspots.
              I can see it completely and I see the progress bar.

              Windows XP, IE7 or Firefox, Java Plug-in 1.6.0_01.